Lupin acquires German pharma companyJuly 30th, 2008 - 3:26 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 30 (IANS) Indian pharmaceutical major Lupin Ltd has acquired Hormosan GmbH, a German sales and marketing generics company, it announced here Wednesday. In a regulatory statement, Lupin said the Euro 6.8 million ($10.6 million) German firm specialises in the supply of pharmaceutical products to treat ailments related to the central nervous system (CNS).
Hormosan develops, licenses and markets a range of generic drugs in Germany and complements Lupin’s product portfolio for the CNS and cardiovascular therapeutic segments, the statement said.
Hormosan has created a strong brand identity in the German generics market through its strong patient compliance message, essential for patients within the CNS segment, Lupin said in the statement.
“This is in line with our mergers and acquisitions strategy to harness the potential of the leading global pharma markets,” Lupin chairman Desh Bandhu Gupta said in the statement.
“This move establishes a bridgehead in Germany and is our first acquisition in the European market,” he said.
For the year ended March 31, 2008, Lupin reported revenues of Rs.27.73 billion ($694 million) and net profit of Rs.4.08 billion ($102 million), the statement said.
- Volkswagen buys another 50.1 percent of Porsche for 4.46 bn euros - Jul 05, 2012
- Ruia Group to acquire two European firms - May 11, 2011
- Dr.Reddy's acquires JB Chemicals business in Russia - Jul 23, 2011
- Ruia Group acquires Germany-based Acument GmbH - Feb 21, 2011
- Orchid Chemical to acquire US marketing company - Jun 10, 2010
- Ruia Group acquires company in France - May 17, 2011
- Ruia Group acquires German Gumasol, eyes more - Aug 05, 2010
- Dr Reddy's acquires US-based oral penicillin facility - Nov 24, 2010
- Ranbaxy sets up new manufacturing facility in S. Africa - Sep 01, 2010
- Ashok Minda Group acquires Germany's Aksys Koengen - Oct 05, 2010
- Lupin acquires South African pharma company - Sep 18, 2008
- Bosch to invest Rs.300 crore for capacity expansion - May 03, 2012
- Bosch to set up research facility at IISc - Jun 02, 2011
- Lupin buys anti-cholesterol drug rights for $39 mn - Sep 29, 2009
- Dr. Reddy's reports 37 percent jump in profit for 2nd quarter - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: 6 million, acquisition, ailments, brand identity, bridgehead, central nervous system, central nervous system cns, desh, generic drugs, germany, gupta, mergers and acquisitions, net profit, patient compliance, pharma company, pharmaceutical products, product portfolio, sales and marketing, segment, therapeutic segments