Lufthansa to relaunch onboard internet serviceDecember 1st, 2010 - 8:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 1 (IANS) Lufthansa passengers travelling on transatlantic flights can now gain internet access through the airline’s onboard service FlyNet, an airline official said Wednesday.
“It is an innovation in the interests of our customers,” said Lufthansa South Asia director Axel Hilgers.
The service, which is currently made available on Lufthansa’s Frankfurt-New York and Frankfurt-Detroit routes, will be available on the entire intercontinental network by 2011 end. The airline has partnered with Panasonic Avionics Corporation and Deutsche Telekom to provide broadband internet access on intercontinental routes.
“FlyNet provides customers completely new and unique opportunities to spend their time on board or while waiting for connecting flights,” Hilgers said.
Lufthansa operated the first scheduled flight with broadband internet access Jan 15, 2003. After 2006, Lufthansa’s then-partner Connexion by Boeing discontinued the service.
- Lufthansa to fly new B747-8 aircraft on India route - Jul 09, 2012
- Lufthansa introduces new jet service, hopes to increase India market share - Aug 08, 2012
- Lufthansa Group to increase flights from India - Jun 24, 2010
- Lufthansa's plans to fly Airbus A380 to India may take time - May 20, 2010
- Lufthansa plans to fly Airbus A380 to India in winter - May 19, 2010
- Lufthansa plans to increase flight frequency - May 19, 2010
- Internet, live TV on flights a reality soon - Jul 09, 2010
- Star Alliance to decide Air India's induction date Sunday (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- 'Air India may have to wait longer to join Star Alliance' - Jan 23, 2010
- Panasonic Avionics Takes Off with Panasonic Airline Television Network - Mar 31, 2009
- Star Alliance defers Air India's membership - Aug 01, 2011
- Air Canada begins in-flight internet service - Nov 20, 2009
- Technology unable to keep up with vagaries of weather - Dec 23, 2010
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- Austrian Airlines to launch Mumbai-Vienna service in October - Jun 02, 2010
Tags: airline official, asia director, avionics, axel, boeing, connecting flights, connexion by boeing, deutsche telekom, frankfurt, innovation, intercontinental network, internet access, internet service, lufthansa, panasonic, panasonic avionics corporation, South Asia, transatlantic flights