Lufthansa plans to increase flight frequencyMay 19th, 2010 - 9:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 19 (IANS) German air carrier Lufthansa plans to increase its frequency to all major locations across India, and official said here Wednesday.
“We are planning to increase the frequency of Pune-Frankfurt-Pune flights to five times a week as against the present three times a week. Same is the case with Hyderabad-Frankfurt-Hyderabad flights,” said Axel Hilgers, Lufthansa’s South Asia director.
Apart from these two locations, the airline is looking forward to making the Mumbai-Munich-Mumbai flight a daily flight as against the present five times a week flight. Bangalore-Frankfurt-Bangalore and Chennai-Frankfurt-Chennai has already been made a daily flight.
Hilgers said that the airline has been seeing an upward trend in the business class bookings.
“The yield for business class bookings has gone up by 30 percent. The first quarter of 2010 has been far better than the last quarter of 2009 inspite of a five day shutdown - four days due to the ash cloud and a one-day due to strike of pilots,” Hilgers said.
Hilgers said that they did go through a rough patch due to the downturn last year. “But with summer approaching, we are expecting a stable business,” he said.
“Our booking figures are promising and we are looking forward to high yields during the year,” he added.
- Lufthansa introduces new jet service, hopes to increase India market share - Aug 08, 2012
- Lufthansa Group to increase flights from India - Jun 24, 2010
- Lufthansa to relaunch onboard internet service - Dec 01, 2010
- Lufthansa to fly new B747-8 aircraft on India route - Jul 09, 2012
- Lufthansa plans to fly Airbus A380 to India in winter - May 19, 2010
- Lufthansa's plans to fly Airbus A380 to India may take time - May 20, 2010
- Lufthansa strike cancels 300 flights - Sep 05, 2012
- Lufthansa to cancel 1,200 flights Friday - Sep 07, 2012
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- Two Air India flights from Bangalore cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Goair flies new aircraft on Goa-Bangalore service - Aug 22, 2012
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Lufthansa names Christoph Franz as new CEO - Sep 23, 2010
- Passengers stranded as 40 Kingfisher flights axed (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Kingfisher pilots go on strike, 40 flights cancelled (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
Tags: air carrier, ash cloud, asia director, business class, chennai, downturn, first quarter, german air, hyderabad, inspite, last quarter, lufthansa, munich, pune, rough patch, s south, South Asia, stable business, three times, upward trend