Lufthansa pilots call strike for next weekFebruary 17th, 2010 - 10:46 pm ICT by IANS
Frankfurt, Feb 17 (DPA) Pilots at German airline Lufthansa are to go on strike next week in a dispute over pay and conditions, their union, Cockpit, announced Wednesday.
More than 90 percent of the airline’s 4,500 flight deck members voted for industrial action in a month-long ballot, the Cockpit union said.
A spokesman for the union said the strike would take place from February 22-25 and include Lufthansa’s cargo operations and subsidiary German wings.
Cockpit had sought a one-year salary agreement containing a 6.4-percent rise in pay as well as guarantees against outsourcing of jobs to lower-paid subsidiaries.
Pay talks broke down in December after seven months of fruitless negotiations.
The union then called a strike ballot, which took about four weeks to complete.
- Lufthansa pilots launch four-day strike - Feb 22, 2010
- Lufthansa pilots announce four-day strike next month - Mar 22, 2010
- Lufthansa strike cancels 300 flights - Sep 05, 2012
- Lufthansa pilots suspend strike after talks - Feb 23, 2010
- Lufthansa pilots launch a 4-day strike - Feb 22, 2010
- Lufthansa to cancel 1,200 flights Friday - Sep 07, 2012
- Hyderabad airport aiming to become a cargo hub - Apr 12, 2012
- Lufthansa introduces new jet service, hopes to increase India market share - Aug 08, 2012
- Lufthansa downsizes Austrian Airlines' units - Feb 25, 2010
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- Lufthansa plans to increase flight frequency - May 19, 2010
- Lufthansa names Christoph Franz as new CEO - Sep 23, 2010
- Lufthansa Cargo plane crashes in Saudi Arabia, no fatalities - Jul 27, 2010
- Lufthansa to fly new B747-8 aircraft on India route - Jul 09, 2012
- Pilots still on strike, over 50 Air India flights cancelled - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: cargo operations, cockpit, dpa, february 22, flight deck, frankfurt, german airline lufthansa, german wings, guarantees, jobs, lufthansa, lufthansa pilots, negotiations, salary, seven months, spokesman, strike ballot, subsidiaries, subsidiary