Ludhiana’s four-lane bypass to be completed June 2011August 3rd, 2010 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 3 (IANS) A Rs.416 crore project to develop a four-lane bypass in Punjab’s industrial hub Ludhiana will be completed by June next year, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said here Tuesday.
Reviewing the project, which will provide a 27-km bypass from Doraha town, on the outskirts of Ludhiana to the Ferozepur road, Badal said he had called a meeting here Monday of all the concerned agencies, the government departments and the private construction company executing the project to ensure its early completion.
Badal instructed officials of all agencies to fortnightly review the project’s progress that will ease traffic congestion. Referred to as the Manchester of India, Ludhiana, located 110 km from here, is home to thousands of industrial units.
Badal said that the 27-km bypass, along Sidhwan canal, will have five canal bridges, four flyovers, two railway over and under-bridges and two underpasses.
- Punjab to link all cities with highways - Apr 23, 2012
- Badal gives go-ahead to Ludhiana Metro project - Jul 17, 2012
- Punjab unveils mobility plan for cities - Sep 09, 2010
- Govt. to raise more funds for development in Punjab: Badal - Nov 02, 2010
- Punjab, railways to tie up for building bridges - Nov 17, 2010
- World Kabaddi cup begins in Punjab Nov 1 - Oct 27, 2011
- Akhilesh reviews projects to decongest Lucknow's traffic - Jun 19, 2012
- 'Structural failure of launching girder led to Mumbai bridge crash' - Jul 20, 2012
- Record voting in Punjab, nearly 77 cast franchise (Intro Roundup) - Jan 31, 2012
- Punjab government approves Ludhiana metro project - Jun 22, 2011
- Over 77 percent voting in Punjab, one killed in violence (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- Akalis, Congress claim victory as campaigning ends in Punjab - Jan 28, 2012
- Bathinda refinery to be inaugurated in April - Mar 29, 2012
- L&T; Oman bags orders worth Rs.875 crore - Nov 03, 2011
- Mumbai's longest flyover opens to public - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: badal, canal bridges, chandigarh, construction company, crore, deputy chief minister, government departments, India, industrial hub, ludhiana, outskirts, private construction, punjab, railway, s industrial, traffic congestion