Lucknow University to launch event management degree course (Lead)September 24th, 2009 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 24 (IANS) The Lucknow University is all set to become the first in the country to launch a two-year post-graduate degree programme in event management - a mega industry now reaching a figure of over Rs.10,000 crore annually in India, officials said Thursday.
“The course will start from the next academic session. It has been approved by the tourism ministry, which would also provide a financial assistance of Rs.2 crore,” Manoj Dixit, director, Lucknow University’s Institute of Tourism Studies, told IANS.
“Today, event management is one of the ever growing fields contributing to increasing the nation’s coffers. Event management has come a long way in the last five years and today is no less than a multi-crore industry as a whole,” he said.
“Ranging from small events like birthday parties and weddings, event managers are in great demand for organising national and international events also,” he added.
According to officials, unlike the diploma course in event management being offered by certain institutes in India, the two-year degree programme would be more comprehensive and practical training oriented.
“The course will cover different aspects of the industry, like corporate events, fundraising events, trade fairs, festive events, entertainment events, conventions, promotional events, brand/product launches and several other domains,” Dixit said.
Asked about the admission process, officials said the varsity would soon decide whether students in the course would be enrolled on merit basis or an entrance examination would be conducted.
Initially, there would only be 60 seats available for the course.
- Lucknow University to launch degree course in event management - Sep 24, 2009
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU to offer several culinary and catering courses - Jan 15, 2011
- IGNOU to launch culinary institute by 2012 - Oct 18, 2011
- Sanjiv Goenka to invest Rs.150 crore in education - Aug 09, 2011
- IGNOU launches programmes in Chinese - Jul 07, 2011
- IGNOU launches course in aviation management - Dec 14, 2009
- IGNOU launches courses to improve teaching - Dec 31, 2010
- IGNOU launches diploma programme for primary teachers - May 18, 2011
- Framework for vocational education launched - Feb 07, 2012
- IGNOU signs pact with Chinese varsity - Oct 05, 2011
- Lucknow varsity to offer facilities for differently-abled - Jul 20, 2011
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- Eight IIM-B graduates awarded gold medals - Mar 30, 2012
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
Tags: academic session, birthday parties, coffers, degree course, diploma course, entrance examination, event management degree, event managers, events entertainment, festive events, fundraising events, graduate degree, merit basis, post graduate, practical training, product launches, rs 2, tourism ministry, tourism studies, trade fairs