Lucknow police station gets ISO-9001 certificationMarch 11th, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 11 (IANS) In a first, a police station in this Uttar Pradesh capital was Sunday awarded an ISO-9001:2008 certification. The distinction was earned by Mahanagar police station here and the certificate was received by state police chief Atul Kumar.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, Lucknow, D.K. Thakur told IANS that the police station had applied for the certification last month after which a team from management consultants, The Janus, had visited and inspected it.
The team did a threadbare inspection of the working of the police personnel deployed at the station, cleanliness, state of computerisation and the ammunition room, and pointed out some shortcomings.
These were duly rectified, Thakur said, adding that the consultants were briefed about the changes following which the audit of the police station was completed and the certification awarded.
Mahanagar police station now becomes the first in the state to earn the certification. Earlier, the Government Railway Police station at Lucknow’s Charbagh railway station had been awarded the same certification.
- UAE's Saed company gets ISO certification - Oct 31, 2009
- Himachal tea firm gets ISO certification - Apr 19, 2011
- Anonymous email threatens to bomb Lucknow station - Sep 26, 2011
- ONGC pays Rs.6,844 crore as dividend (Business Capsule-Two) - Sep 23, 2009
- Now an ISO 9001:2008 certified temple in Madhya Pradesh - May 03, 2009
- AISECT launches portal to make quality education, ICT-based services more accessible - Feb 23, 2011
- 220 turtles found on Mumbai-bound train - May 21, 2012
- Mafia don Chhota Rajan's aide arrested - Sep 25, 2010
- RInfra's Dahanu power plant gets ISO 50001:2011 certification - Sep 23, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav arrested in Lucknow - Mar 09, 2011
- Police stations in Chandigarh 'certified' - Jun 12, 2008
- Undertrial jumps to death from court - Aug 31, 2010
- Lok Sabha officer goes missing on way to Uttar Pradesh - Aug 30, 2011
- FIR lodged against IPS officer in UP - Mar 04, 2012
- Police nabs youth who threw acid on girl's face - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: ammunition, cleanliness, computerisation, deputy inspector general, distinction, iso 9001, janus, management consultants, march 11, police chief, police station, railway police, railway station, shortcomings, state police, thakur, uttar pradesh capital