Lucknow airport construction irregularities to be probedAugust 16th, 2012 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh Thursday referred to the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) complaints of irregularities in construction of the new terminal at Lucknow airport.
The CVC’s chief technical examiner will enquire into the construction of the building.
“The decision is based on a preliminary enquiry report submitted by a committee. This committee was constituted following various complaints received from members of parliament,” a civil aviation ministry official said.
“The report submitted by the enquiry officer has prima facie substantiated various defects in the construction quality, design and maintenance of the Lucknow airport terminal,” the official added.
The committee found several flaws in the construction of the new terminal building, including water leakage.
The new terminal building was constructed at a cost of about Rs.90 crore by a private company. Nearly Rs.85 crore have already been paid to the contractor. The contract for the construction was awarded in October, 2007 and stipulated date of completion was set at April, 2009.
However, the work was delayed and construction was completed only in May 2012. The new terminal was inaugurated on May 19, 2012.
- Aircraft purchase: High court refuses to pass order - Jun 01, 2012
- New terminal in Lucknow airport inaugurated - May 19, 2012
- Corruption alleged in Air India-Singapore firm deal - Nov 22, 2011
- New terminal at Lucknow airport opens June 2 - May 31, 2012
- Court issues notice on AI's aircraft purchase order (Lead) - Oct 12, 2011
- CBI not to probe PM in 'coalgate' - Jun 01, 2012
- Shillong airport's new terminal opens Saturday - Jun 22, 2011
- Order reserved on plea for CBI probe into Air India deal - Nov 30, 2011
- Assam's Bordoloi airport to become regional hub: Vayalar Ravi - Jun 25, 2011
- Deboarding incident a rights violation: Government - Feb 22, 2012
- Panel to probe Delhi Terminal-3 power failure - Aug 10, 2011
- Agra may soon get international air terminal - Jun 09, 2012
- Agra may soon get international air terminal (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Government amends procedures for construction around airports - Sep 07, 2012
- Govt. orders enquiry into Terminal 1-D damage in Delhi - Aug 22, 2009
Tags: airport construction, airport terminal, ajit singh, central vigilance commission, civil aviation ministry, construction quality, crore, cvc, enquiry, irregularities, members of parliament, ministry official, New Delhi, parliament, private company, quality design, rs 90, water leakage