L&T wins Rajasthan oil and gas pipelines contractFebruary 21st, 2008 - 7:34 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 21 (IANS) Engineering and construction major Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) has bagged a multi-million dollar contract from petroleum firm Cairn India to build crude oil and gas pipelines from Barmer in Rajasthan to Salaya in Gujarat, a distance of over 600 km. The project will be commissioned by June 2009.
“The order was secured by L&T against stiff competition to build the unique mega pipeline of this kind for the first time in India,” said K. Venkataramanan, president of engineering and construction projects and board member of L&T.
“Our technical expertise in engineering and construction and a dedicated team will enable us to deliver the job on time,” he told IANS.
However, he declined to comment on the exact value of the deal.
The work involves the laying of a cross-country insulated pipeline to transport crude oil from Mangala terminal in Barmer to Salaya oil export terminal near Jamnagar.
The company will also lay a pipeline to carry natural gas from Raageshwari fields near the Mangala terminal to Salaya.
The second pipeline will have 32 gas generators en route, which will primarily produce electricity.
L&T Gulf, a joint venture between L&T and Gulf Interstate of the US, will provide engineering services for the cross-country pipelines and intermediate facilities for this project.
Cairn has a resource base of 3.6 billion barrels of oil equivalent in place in Rajasthan.
- Abu Dhabi gas company signs contract with India's L&T; - Dec 20, 2011
- Cairn India starts crude sales through pipeline - Jun 15, 2010
- ONGC approves Cairn-Vedanta deal - Sep 28, 2011
- Cairn starts oil production in Rajasthan - Aug 29, 2009
- K. Venkataramanan new managing director of L&T; - Mar 09, 2012
- Vedanta meets all conditions for stake buy out: Cairn - Dec 07, 2011
- Vedanta buys out Cairn's India subsidiary - Dec 08, 2011
- Vedanta to pick up majority stake in Cairn India (Lead) - Aug 16, 2010
- Work begins on Cairn's 600-km pipeline - Jun 24, 2008
- Mangala oil processing terminal activation a historic achievement: Deora - Aug 29, 2009
- Cairn India to sell crude to Reliance Industries - Nov 04, 2009
- L&T; arm signs Rs.2,600 crore agreement with NHAI - Jun 22, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate Mangala oil field in Rajasthan today - Aug 29, 2009
- L&T; bags Rs.1,450 crore contract from Gujarat - May 18, 2011
- Government assures refiners for Cairn's crude - Aug 29, 2009