L&T to build power lines worth over $100 millionMarch 5th, 2008 - 5:24 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 5 (IANS) Construction major Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) said Wednesday it has won contracts for three transmission lines totalling Rs.4.58 billion ($114 million). Announcing this here, the company said Jaypee Powergrid Ltd, a joint venture of Power Grid Corp (India) Ltd (PGCIL) and Jaiprakash Hydro Power Ltd, has awarded L&T a Rs.2.38 billion to construct transmission lines for the 1,000 MW Kacham-Wangtoo Hydro Electric Project in Himachal Pradesh.
The contract will be executed by L&T’s engineering, construction and contracts division (ECC), which will carry out survey, fabrication and supply of transmission line towers as well as erecting the line from Karcham-Wangtoo to Rampur in the state’s mountainous terrain.
The project will be completed in 30 months, the company said.
L&T will also construct for PGCIL a transmission system in Parbati-III Hydro Electric Project in Sikkim and a transmission line associated with the Northern Region Strengthening Scheme-II from Gorakhpur in eastern Uttar Pradesh to state capital Lucknow.
These two projects are valued at Rs.2.20 billion and will be completed in two years, the firm said.
- Jaypee's transmission line synchronized with Powergrid - Mar 06, 2012
- Jaypee's hydropower corridor to be set up this month - Jul 03, 2011
- Jaypee's Himachal hydro unit to be commissioned May 15 - May 11, 2011
- Two killed after falling into Himachal gorge - Jul 13, 2010
- Jaiprakash hydroelectric project gets UNFCCC registration - Jun 28, 2012
- Jaypee's hydro project in Himachal starts partial generation - Jun 06, 2011
- Jaiprakash Associates gets Rs.2,079 crore Bhutan projects - Jul 25, 2011
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Jharkhand to spend Rs.1,600 crore to lay power lines - Feb 26, 2012
- Abu Dhabi gas company signs contract with India's L&T; - Dec 20, 2011
- Himachal villagers to boycott panchayat polls - Dec 20, 2010
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- KEC International bags new orders worth Rs.1,416 crore - Apr 20, 2012
- Himachal legislator seeks probe into Jaypee's project - Mar 27, 2012
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011