L&T bags Rs.15.57-bn order from Andhra PowerJune 30th, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 30 (IANS) Engineering and construction major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has bagged a Rs.15.57-billion order from Andhra Pradesh Power Development Co. Announcing this here Monday, the company said it would supply a steam turbine generator package to Andhra Power’s Sri Damodram Sanjeevaiah thermal power station at Krishnapatnam.
The country’s first steam turbine generator package, to be based on super-critical technology, will be developed by a joint venture firm floated last Novermber by L&T and Japan’s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
The L&T-Mitsubishi joint venture, set up specifically to manufacture super-critical steam turbines and generators, is now focusing on setting up a manufacturing facility at Hazira in Gujarat.
The two firms have formed another joint venture to manufacture super-critical boilers in order to enter the coal-based thermal power sector.
Both joint ventures will enable L&T to design and construct power plants.
- BGR Energy bags Rs.2,168 crore order - Oct 25, 2010
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- BGR Energy lowest bidder for NTPC's mega tender - Sep 15, 2011
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- Alstom Bharat Forge bags Rs.1,570-crore NTPC contract - Apr 24, 2012
- Jaypee Group, Larsen and Toubro tie up for thermal project - Aug 12, 2009
- Jaypee Group, Larsen and Toubro tie up for thermal project (Lead) - Aug 12, 2009
- L&T bags Rs.1,449 crore order for a Chhattisgarh power plant - Oct 19, 2010
- 260 percent power capacity added between 10th and 11th Plans - Aug 17, 2012
- Hitachi to build power control systems in India - Mar 23, 2012
- Hitachi to form new JV in India - Sep 27, 2011
- Larsen to invest $3.3 bn in Gujarat's infrastructure - Jan 12, 2011
- BGR Energy partners with Hitachi for power equipment - Aug 06, 2010
- Reliance Power places $10-bn equipment order for 32,000 MW - Oct 28, 2010
- BHEL starts supplying super critical boilers - Apr 04, 2012