L&T bags Rs.12.45 bn Bhutan dam projectApril 1st, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 1 (IANS) Larsen & Toubro (L&T), the country’s leading engineering and construction conglomerate, Wednesday said it has bagged a Rs.1,245 crore (Rs.12.45 billion) contract for the construction of dams as part of the 1,200 MW Punatsangchhu-I hydroelectric Project in Bhutan.
The project is being set up by the Punatsangchhu-I Hydroelectric Project Authority which has been constituted through an agreement between the governments of India and Bhutan, a company statement said.
The project site is located across Punatsangchhu River, about 80 km from the Bhutan capital Thimphu.
Under the contract, L&T will be required to construct the diversion tunnel, dam, intake and desilting arrangement including hydro-mechanical works. The project needs to be executed in 66 months, the statement said.
This is the first of a series of 10 hydro-power projects jointly identified by the governments of India and Bhutan and to be implemented for a total installed capacity of 11,576 MW by 2020.
For L&T, this is the second hydroelectric power project in Bhutan. The first was the 1,020 MW Tala Hydroelectric Project.
The project will be executed by L&T’s construction division.
- Jaiprakash Associates gets Rs.2,079 crore Bhutan projects - Jul 25, 2011
- Bhilwara Energy ties up Rs.663 crore for Nepal power plant - Jan 11, 2012
- Jaiprakash hydroelectric project gets UNFCCC registration - Jun 28, 2012
- HCC bags hyro power contract worth Rs.431 crore - Jun 25, 2010
- BHEL quarterly net profit rises 13 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- L&T bags Rs.1,610-crore contract for power project - Sep 27, 2010
- Gogoi assures adequate security for power project - Jun 09, 2012
- L&T; planning private equity fund after IPO - Jul 25, 2011
- Convention on mega dams in Assam from Feb 25 - Feb 02, 2012
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- India-Bhutan ink 12 agreements, four in hydropower (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2009
- Energy firm Soham raises Rs.125 crore from SBI fund - Nov 07, 2011
- Indefinite blockade in Assam over Arunachal dam - Jan 02, 2012
- Assam dam project may continue: Jairam Ramesh - Aug 12, 2010
- Jaypee announces amalgamation of three group entities - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: april 1, bhutan, conglomerate, construction division, construction of dams, dam project, diversion, governments, hydro power, hydroelectric power, hydroelectric project, India, installed capacity, larsen toubro, leading engineering, mechanical works, rs 1, thimphu, tunnel dam