L&T bags orders worth Rs.1,100 croreMarch 31st, 2009 - 6:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 31 (IANS) Engineering and construction major Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has bagged orders worth Rs.1,100 crore in the electrical construction sector in the January-March quarter, the company said Tuesday.
The orders have come from two public sector organisations - Power Grid Corp of India Ltd (PGCIL) and Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd - and involves setting up of high-end transmission lines and sub-stations as well as completing a project for the Indian Railways, a company statement said.
“The 800-KV HVDC transmission line project and the 765-KV substation orders represent technological breakthroughs and they augur well for our growth potential in these critical segments,” L&T president (construction) K.V. Rangaswami said.
The 800-KV HVDC transmission system, once completed, will transmit power from the northeast to the northern and western parts of the country.
These projects will be executed by Electrical and Gulf Projects Operating Co of L&T, the statement added.
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,366 crore-worth orders from Gulf - Jun 21, 2011
- L&T's subsidiary bags Rs.2,503 crore-worth orders - Dec 31, 2010
- L&T; bags orders worth Rs.1,076 crore in Q1 of 2012-13 - Jun 15, 2012
- Abu Dhabi gas company signs contract with India's L&T; - Dec 20, 2011
- KEC International bags new orders worth Rs.1,416 crore - Apr 20, 2012
- L&T bags orders worth Rs.1,383 crore - Jun 30, 2010
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,210 crore Qatar project - Jul 20, 2011
- L&T gets orders worth Rs.12 bn for electrical projects - Jun 29, 2009
- L&T; bags orders worth Rs.2,700 crore - Dec 07, 2011
- L&T forms JV for power transmission in South Africa - Sep 23, 2010
- L&T; arm signs Rs.2,600 crore agreement with NHAI - Jun 22, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,610 orders in Q1 - Jun 24, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro acquires British firm Thalest - Apr 05, 2012
- L&T; quarterly net profit rises 15 percent - Oct 21, 2011
- L&T bags orders worth Rs.518.2 crore - May 19, 2009
Tags: construction sector, crore, electrical construction, india ltd, indian railways, kv, larsen and toubro, nigam ltd, pgcil, power grid, public sector, rangaswami, sector organisations, segments, substation, technological breakthroughs, transmission line project, transmission lines, transmission system, vikas nigam