Loyola College declared SIFE India National Champions, headed for SIFE World Cup in L.AJuly 3rd, 2010 - 4:26 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai,July 3 (ANI)-Business Wire India): Loyola College from Chennai was declared the national winners at the SIFE India National Championship 2010 for their project.
The gala event was organized by the Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE) India, at the Intercontinental, the Lalit, Mumbai in the presence of Mir Ranjan Negi, former hockey player Indian team.
The winner will represent India at the SIFE World Cup 2010 in Los Angeles in October 2010, where they compete with award-wining projects from over 45 countries globally.
SIFE Loyola assessed the state of agriculture in the country and the demand potential of bio-pesticides in the world market and formulated and promoted a botanical bio-pesticide, “PONNEM”, in collaboration with Entomology Research Institute.
Speaking on the occasion, Keshav R Murugesh, Chairman, SIFE India and Group CEO, WNS Global Services said: “Wealth and character creation forms the basis of nation building. As business leaders of today, we need to lay the foundation to enable India to claim its rightful place in global business. At SIFE we strive to create meaningful and sustainable businesses and groom budding leaders and entrepreneurs to make a significant contribution to the community and the country.”
SIFE India, a global non-profit organization has been involved in cultivating leadership and entrepreneurial skills among students for the benefit of the communities around them.
SIFE hosted the 7th Annual SIFE Competition in Mumbai today. The SIFE National Championship 2010 has brought together students of more than 45 leading national universities, academic professionals and business executives through the SIFE platform. Top names from the corporate world evaluated the entries and selected the SIFE India Champion Team last year the team from India was the runners up.(ANI)
- WNS to acquire back office in South Africa - Jun 22, 2012
- India helping Ethiopia realise full potential of neem - Jan 05, 2012
- Akshay Kumar Has Ambitions Of Establishing An International Karate Championship - Nov 08, 2010
- Bio-technology the only way to combat world hunger: Experts - Oct 20, 2011
- India destination for US varsity residency programme - Dec 21, 2011
- Over 250 companies to participate in BioAsia 2012 - Feb 07, 2012
- Europe Asia Business School hosts IIM Ahmedabad Confluence 2010 in Pune - Nov 23, 2010
- Mahindra Racing enters Italian Championship with Indian rider - Dec 01, 2011
- Strong Indian contingent for Asian amateur golf championship - Sep 26, 2011
- Haryana approves setting up of cow commission - Sep 07, 2010
- Akshay Kumar 2nd Invitational National Karate Championship 2010 Begins - Nov 03, 2010
- India showcases its biotech strength in US - Jun 30, 2011
- 'Power To Empower' contest aims to sharpen entrepreneurial skills - Sep 13, 2012
- National TSD Rally championship launched - Aug 14, 2012
- Karnataka hopes to attract $120 bn in investments - Mar 01, 2012
Tags: academic professionals, business executives, champion team, character creation, entrepreneurial skills, gala event, global business, group ceo, hockey player, leaders of today, nation building, national championship, national universities, national winners, ranjan negi, sife competition, sife world cup, sustainable businesses, wns global services, world cup 2010