Low cost UAE carrier to start flights to GoaMarch 10th, 2009 - 7:58 pm ICT by IANS
Sharjah, March 10 (IANS) Air Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) based low-cost airline, has announced launch of flights to the Indian state of Goa from April 16, 2009, WAM news agency reported Tuesday.
“Famous for its sun-kissed sandy beaches and natural beauty, Goa is India’s premier tourist destination. With a high tourist inflow into Goa, the route promises to be of great potential for Air Arabia, especially since there are few direct flights from the UAE,” said A.K. Nizar, head of commercial department, Air Arabia..
“We are confident that Air Arabia’s non-stop flights to Goa will further enhance its popularity among travellers based in the region,” he added.
After the service begins, Air Arabia would become the only UAE-based international carrier to offer direct flights to Goa from the UAE. Round trip flights will be operated thrice weekly between Dabolim International Airport in Goa and Air Arabia’s hub in Sharjah. Goa would be the airline’s 13th destination in India.
The carrier will fly to Goa Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, departing Sharjah at 00.25 a.m. and arriving at Goa at 05.05 a.m. Return flights will leave Goa at 05.50 a.m. and arrive in Sharjah at 07.35 a.m.
Goa is globally renowned for its beaches, places of worship and architecture and is visited by hundreds of thousands of international and domestic tourists every year.
- Air Arabia to increase frequency from Nagpur - May 29, 2012
- Air Arabia to start daily flights to Kenya - Mar 14, 2011
- Air Arabia bags Indian award - Dec 28, 2011
- Air Arabia Egypt launches Istanbul flights - Jun 25, 2011
- Air Arabia starts direct flight to Russia - Oct 23, 2011
- Air Arabia to fly to non-metro cities - Apr 05, 2010
- Air Arabia to run two Delhi-Sharjah flights daily - Aug 29, 2012
- Air Arabia takes off to Najaf - Jun 06, 2010
- Air Arabia to connect 13 Indian cities to Odessa - Sep 05, 2012
- 'Goa-Oman direct flights could ease Goan NRI woes' - Jul 05, 2011
- Egypt's first low-cost carrier takes to the air - Jun 02, 2010
- Jordan to launch first low-cost carrier - Jun 08, 2010
- Air Arabia announces low-fare festive bonanza for Indians - Oct 07, 2009
- Goa airport runway cut down for five hours a day - Apr 12, 2011
- UAE signs open skies pact with Djibouti - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: air arabia, direct flights, domestic tourists, great potential, international carrier, launch, low cost airline, natural beauty, news agency, nizar, places of worship, return flights, sandy beaches, saturdays, sharjah, state of goa, thursdays, tourist destination, tourist inflow, united arab emirates