‘Lot of acquisition’ for Fortis in 2011January 10th, 2011 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 10 (IANS) Fortis Group’s overseas arm Fortis Global Healthcare will focus on Asia, Australia and the Middle East as it eyes “a lot of acquisition” this year, its promoter Malvinder Singh has said.”Fortis Global will go for a lot of acquisitions in 2011. Our focus is on Asia, Australia and the Middle East,” Singh told mediapersons after the opening of the group’s new hospital here Sunday.
“(Acquisition) Opportunities lie in the Asian countries China is a potential market,” he said.
Malvinder Singh said the company was now evaluating the pros and cons of getting listed on the stock exchange in the near future.
Malvinder Singh owns Fortis Global jointly with his younger brother Shivinder Singh.
Asked about the country’s healthcare sector, he said supply was far short of the demand.
The company would continue to stress on capacity expansion in the country as it strives to be a pan-India player.
“We will set up eight to 10 new hospitals in the next 24 months in India,” he said.
- Fortis Healthcare to buy sister arm Fortis International - Sep 19, 2011
- Fortis scrip up 1.4 percent on Hong Kong acquisition - Oct 11, 2010
- Parkway stake makes Fortis largest Asian hospital chain - Mar 12, 2010
- India's Fortis Healthcare exits race for Singapore's Parkway - Jul 26, 2010
- Fortis plans Rs.600 crore investment in West Bengal - Jun 18, 2011
- Fortis offers to buy Parkway, deal size at $2.3 bn - Jul 01, 2010
- Fortis hospitals to focus more on clinical trials - Jan 21, 2010
- Fortis buys Singapore diagnostic firm for $50 mn, stock up - Feb 01, 2012
- Anthelio eyes Indian healthcare market - Apr 30, 2012
- Fortis Healthcare posts consolidated global revenue at Rs.1,409 crore - Aug 14, 2012
- I wanted to become a nurse: Dikshit - Sep 20, 2011
- Centre for Sight expands in north India - Jun 17, 2012
- Kerala's health sector gets Rs.2,150 crore investment - Sep 11, 2012
- ABD to launch semi-premium whiskey in Nigeria - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Hand-hygiene reduces healthcare-acquired infections' (May 5 is World Hand Hygiene Day) - May 04, 2012
Tags: acquisition opportunities, acquisitions, asia australia, asian countries, brother, capacity expansion, china, fortis, fortis group, global healthcare, healthcare sector, hospitals, India, middle east, overseas arm, potential market, promoter, pros and cons, stock exchange