Loop Telecom shutting services across India barring MumbaiApril 10th, 2012 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) Loop Telecom Tuesday said it is closing down services across the country except for Mumbai following the Supreme Court order cancelling 122 telecom licences issued in 2008.
In Mumbai, its sister concern Loop Mobile, offers services under a separate license.
“In compliance with the judgment dated Feb 24, 2012 passed by the Supreme Court in the matter of cancellation of UAS licenses issued on or after Jan 10, 2008, Loop Telecom will cease to operate its services under the UAS Licenses with effect from 1st June, 2012 or earlier on successful port out of all its subscribers,” a company spokesperson said.
“Loop Mobile India Ltd, which has a separate license for providing services in Mumbai circle is not affected by the Supreme Court judgment and will continue with business as usual,” it added.
The firm has also started helping customers port to other networks using mobile number portability.
The company, which has almost 150 direct employees, is also expected to soon give formal termination notices to them.
Loop Telecom has 2G licence for 21 circles but has operations only in 13 circles.
- Telecom market dominated by older players, users wont get affected: TRAI - Feb 02, 2012
- STel, Etisalat told to restore services till licence expires - Apr 11, 2012
- Customers won't be troubled by cancellation of 2G licences - Feb 02, 2012
- Affected telecom firms file review pleas in Supreme Court (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Less than 5 percent users to be affected: TRAI - Feb 02, 2012
- Etisalat advises subscribers to 'port out' - Mar 09, 2012
- 2G verdict will have no impact on foreign investments: Moily - Feb 06, 2012
- TRAI says no need for exit policy - Apr 18, 2012
- Idea Cellular seeks clarification on licence cancellation - Feb 21, 2012
- Networks hope to acquire more users, spectrum - Feb 03, 2012
- MNP likely to see more takers following SC ruling - Feb 02, 2012
- Etisalat to shut down India operation - Feb 22, 2012
- Blow to government as court quashes Raja's 122 phone licences (Roundup) - Feb 02, 2012
- Operative parts of apex court's 2G judgment - Feb 02, 2012
- Videocon to seek review of order cancelling licences - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: cancellation, circles, company spokesperson, compliance, formal termination, india ltd, loop telecom, mobile number, New Delhi, number portability, sister concern, subscribers, supreme court judgment, termination notices