Long lines of applicants as DDA’s 2010 housing scheme opensNovember 25th, 2010 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 25 (IANS) Long lines were Thursday seen at the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) office and various bank branches here as the sale of forms began for the civic agency’s 2010 housing scheme under which it will allot 16,000 flats in various areas of the city, officials said.
“The first day has seen a long queue of people filling forms in the DDA office. We are getting similar reports from the selected bank branches where DDA flat forms are available. The form is also available online on our website,” a DDA official said.
The flats, ranging from one to three bed-room, hall and kitchen (BHK) to one room Janata flatsenements are spread over various areas including Dwarka, Rohini, Vasant Kunj, Motia Khan, and Mukherjee Nagar.
Shalini Mehta, one of the hopefuls, said she found the number of two and three BHK flats less in this scheme.
“I have filled forms of two and three BHK but since the number of flats are less as compared to the Janta flats or the one room flats, the chances are bleak. With so many people filling these forms, it is mere luck. Even in the last DDA scheme, I did not get lucky. I am hoping for good news this time,” Mehta told IANS as she filled the form in the DDA office.
Parvinder Singh is hoping to get a flat in Rohini. “Rohini has some 5,183 flats, the largest number of flats in an area offered in this scheme. So my chances are more and I am hopeful,” he said.
Out of the 16,000 flats, around 51 two-bedroom flats are available in areas like Kalyan Vihar, Jahangirpuri, Pitampura, Sarai Khalil, Vasant Kunj, Narela and Rohini.
“The prices of these flats vary between Rs.21 lakh and Rs.41 lakh, 548 two-bedroom flats in Vasant Kunj D-6 are at a price of Rs.51 lakh to Rs.96 lakh, the largest in number are the one-bedroom category flat. At prices ranging from Rs.9 lakh to Rs.19 lakh, these are located mostly in Rohini sectors 18, 28 and 29 and Dwarka Sector 14,” the DDA official added.
For the first time in DDA’s housing scheme, the prices of its flats have crossed Rs.1 crore.
“The 876 three-bedroom flats available in Vasant Kunj D-6 range between Rs.1.10 crore to Rs.1.12 crore,” the official said.
The registration charges for the flats are Rs.1.50 lakh while for Janta flats they are Rs.50,000. The draw will be held within four days of the closing date - Dec 24.
Apart from the DDA’s main office, the flat application forms are available at various branches of Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, HDFC Bank, the State Bank of India and the Union Bank.
The price of the application form is Rs.106, including bank surcharge.
- DDA to launch Housing Scheme-2010 from Nov.25 - Nov 19, 2010
- DDA housing scheme draw of lots today - Apr 18, 2011
- Court asks DDA for records on 2004 housing scheme - Mar 24, 2010
- No proposal to allot CWG flats to VIPs: DDA - Dec 06, 2010
- Games Village sports complex to open to public (Year after CWG) - Oct 02, 2011
- Refund flat booking amount to widow, court tells DDA - Jan 20, 2011
- Delhi housing agency allots 5,238 flats (Lead) - Dec 16, 2008
- NOIDA authority nod to Botanical Garden-Kalindi Kunj link - Jul 10, 2012
- Five held for cheating finance company - Jan 31, 2012
- Selja inspects Commonwealth Games site, furnished rooms - Jul 16, 2009
- Court tells DDA to allot house plots in Rohini - Mar 14, 2012
- Court pulls up DDA over delay in allotting plots (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- DDA announces owners of 5,238 flats - Dec 16, 2008
- Two held for cheating, impersonation - Jul 01, 2012
- Sale of flats declining in first half of this fiscal: Study - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: bank branches, bedroom flats, bhk, city officials, dda scheme, delhi development authority, hopefuls, housing scheme, janata, lakh, mehta, motia, New Delhi, queue, rs 21, sarai, sectors, shalini, vasant kunj