Lok Adalat settles 1,400 power bill casesMay 20th, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 20 (IANS) Around 1,400 disputes related to electricity bills and power thefts involving Rs.3.5 crore were settled Sunday in a special Lok Adalat held here.
The Lok Adalat was conducted by the Delhi Legal Services Authority (DLSA) at the Tis Hazari district court complex.
“Approximately 1,400 cases were settled and the settlement amount was approximately Rs.3.5 crore,” said an official of the DLSA.
The official added that around 1,500 cases were taken up by the 15 special benches in the Lok Adalat organised at the Tis Hazari district court complex.
- Special Lok Adalat for power theft convened in Delhi - Jan 14, 2012
- 3,092 cases disposed off in Delhi Lok Adalat Sunday - Mar 18, 2012
- Delhi Lok Adalats settle 67,047 cheque-bounce cases - Sep 13, 2012
- Special Lok Adalat for power cases Jan 14-15 - Jan 09, 2012
- Delhi Lok Adalat disposes 7,900 pending cases - Mar 12, 2011
- 4,793 cases settled at Delhi Lok Adalat - Apr 14, 2012
- Criminal cases to be taken up in Lok Adalat - Mar 19, 2009
- Tripura Lok Adalats clear 640 revenue cases - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Peoples' court' in capital to deal with matrimonial disputes - Feb 27, 2009
- 4,021 cases settled at Lok Adalat in Delhi - May 13, 2012
- Mediation settles 60 percent of Delhi court cases - Jun 15, 2012
- Italians pay Rs.1.7mn in damages, boat owner drops case - Apr 27, 2012
- Lok Adalat asked to settle compensation for killed fishermen - Apr 20, 2012
- Fishermen paid damages, but Italian Marines face trial (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Delhi Bar Association poll cancelled, rescheduled for Feb 1 - Jan 25, 2012