LNG facility for GM plant in Gujarat inauguratedSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Halol (Gujarat), Sep 22 (IANS) General Motors India Wednesday inaugurated an LNG facility at its factory premises here for supply of gas to its car manufacturing plant.
This follows a tripartite agreement the company signed with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited and INOX India Limited for the supply, re-gasification and final delivery of LNG at its plant in Halol, Gujarat.
Under the agreement, BPCL will supply the LNG and INOX will render the cargo handling services including loading and transportation of LNG from Dahej Terminal of Petronet LNG Limited to GM India’s site. INOX will also carry out unloading of gas into storage tanks, regasification and final delivery of LNG to the plant.
“GM has made a commitment to sustainable transportation around the globe and our commitment to a green future extends to our plants that builds those vehicles as well,” said Karl Slym, President and Managing Director, GM.
Besides being cheaper than LPG, LNG is safer and cleaner as it generates lower carbon emissions.
GM and the US Department of Energy (DOE) have formalized a five-year partnership with India’s Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute (CSMCRI) at Bhavnagar to develop jatropha as a sustainable biofuel crop.
- General Motors looks to run vehicles on biodiesel - Apr 12, 2010
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- GSPC-Gazprom tie up for LNG supply - Jan 11, 2011
- India asks Saudi Arabia to hike crude oil supply - Feb 23, 2012
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- GSPCL spot LNG cargo lands at Dahej - Apr 22, 2010
- GSPC-led consortium wins bid for Kakinada-Bhilwara pipeline - Oct 19, 2010
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- Qatar to supply additional LNG to India - Mar 22, 2010
- Petronet LNG to soon finalise investment in power sector - Sep 08, 2011
- Qatar's Deputy Premier meets Manmohan Singh - Mar 23, 2010
- ONGC's Dahej project to be commissioned in 2010 - Apr 22, 2009
- GM to launch 6 new cars in India - Mar 04, 2011
- India seeks Qatari investment in oil and gas sector - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: bharat petroleum, bharat petroleum corporation, bharat petroleum corporation limited, bhavnagar, bpcl, carbon emissions, cargo handling services, central salt, csmcri, factory premises, gasification, gm plant, marine chemicals research institute, motors india, s central, storage tanks, sustainable transportation, tripartite agreement, us department of energy, us department of energy doe