Litolier opens five-star hotel in Delhi, plans two moreApril 17th, 2009 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) Mumbai-based Litolier Group, which opened a boutique hotel ‘Ramada Plaza’ here Friday, said it would enhance its presence in the hospitality sector by building two more five-star properties in next few years.
The group will develop two hotels in Mumbai and Goa under a joint venture with a foreign hospitality major.
“The Mumbai hotel will be on the Andheri-Kurla road near the airport,” Litolier Group director Ashok Mittal told reporters.
“We are in talks with several foreign five-star chains, but nothing is finalised yet. The land for the Goa property has already been acquired,” he added.
The group plans to build both properties under an equal-partnership agreement.
The 419-room Ramada plaza, built at a cost of over Rs.100 crore, stands where the erstwhile Ashok Yatri Niwas stood - once owned by India Tourism Development Corp (ITDC).
The property was divested by the government in May 2002 and purchased by promoters of Litolier group for Rs.45 crore.
The Ramada brand belongs to Wyndham Hotels, one of the world’s largest lodging franchiser.
- Bullish on India, Chatwal plans 100 hotels in 10 years (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Chatwal plans to open 52 hotels in India - Jan 09, 2012
- Wyndham to franchise Chatwal's hotel brands globally - Jan 21, 2011
- Chatwal ties with Wyndham for major hotel expansion in India - Mar 24, 2011
- CWG-like scam in National Games-2014: Goa opposition - Mar 21, 2011
- India's image in US is fantastic: Chatwal - Apr 03, 2011
- Kerala five-star hotel has no water line for eight years - Jul 19, 2011
- Accord Group to acquire hotels within, outside India - May 29, 2012
- Three five-star hotels on PPP mode likely in Goa - Mar 23, 2011
- State-owned Ashok Hotel to share brand name with private firms - Nov 05, 2009
- Hafeez Contractor debuts in Nepal - Jun 21, 2011
- Chandigarh gets ready for hotel boom - Aug 19, 2011
- Royal Orchid opens Re:gen:ta One in Hyderabad - Aug 22, 2012
- State-run tourism firm signs franchise deals with private hotels - Aug 27, 2009
- Swiss International Hotels announce foray into India - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: ashok mittal, boutique hotel, crore, franchiser, goa, group director, hospitality sector, hotel in delhi, hotel ramada, hotels in mumbai, india tourism, litolier, mumbai hotel, partnership agreement, ramada plaza, star hotel, star properties, tourism development, wyndham hotels, yatri niwas