List of ‘Fortune most admired companies of 2011′ releasedMarch 10th, 2011 - 8:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Mar 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) This year’s list of Fortune Magazine’s World Most Admired Companies has been released. This is the 14th edition of the annual list.
350 companies were ranked in this year’s compilation. The list was compiled based on survey reports from surveys conducted on more than 1,400 companies throughout the world. Tech companies dominated the list for the obvious reasons.
Apple retained its position as the most admired company in the world. This is the fourth straight year that the company has ended up at the top of the list. Successes with blockbuster products like iPhone and iPad have greatly improved the company’s fortunes over the years. The company edged past Internet search giant Google in this year’s list.
Google came second on the list. The company is widely successful in the Internet search business. Other successes have to do with the growth of the Internet video sharing site YouTube. The company’s Android operating system is now the most popular smartphone operating system in the world.
Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway is the third most admirable company in the world. The company’s success is largely due to the extraordinary stock purchase judgment of Buffett.
The top five list is completed by Southwest Airlines and Procter & Gamble.
- Warren Buffett Vends Stakes In Carmax, Home Depot And Republic As Per His 2010 Regulatory Filing - Nov 16, 2010
- Warren Buffett Reduces Stock In Capital Goods Entities, Shows 2010 Regulatory Filing - Nov 16, 2010
- Google buys Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion - Aug 16, 2011
- Two IITians among 400 richest Americans - Sep 22, 2011
- New Recruit At Berkshire Likely To Be Buffett's Successor - Oct 26, 2010
- Warren Buffett diagnosed with prostate cancer - Apr 18, 2012
- Intel-powered smartphone, tablet to enter market in 2012 - Dec 22, 2011
- Is Greg Abel The Prospective Successor Of Warren Buffett? - Jan 19, 2011
- Walmart tops Fortune 500 list - May 06, 2011
- Apple's new iPad today to kick off tablet war - Mar 02, 2011
- Facebook is partnering with HTC for a Smartphone - Nov 22, 2011
- Oracle sues Google for patent and copyright infringement with its Android operating system - Aug 14, 2010
- Todd Anthony Combs: Warren Buffett's Berkshire Successor - Oct 26, 2010
- 'Rajat Gupta cannot take a Mother Teresa defence' - May 18, 2012
- Warren Buffet's 2010 Regulatory Filing Unveils Surprise Moves - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: android, berkshire hathaway, compilation, fortune magazine, fortune most admired companies, fortunes, google, internet search, ipad, iphone, judgment, operating system, procter gamble, search business, smartphone, southwest airlines, stock purchase, successes, survey reports, warren buffett