Liquor prices to go up by 6 per cent in Kerala from Aug 1July 30th, 2012 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 30 (IANS) The Kerala government has decided to raise the prices of all Indian made foreign liquor (IMFL), except beer, by six percent from Aug 1, said an excise department official.
“The last time there was an increase in liquor prices was in 2009. This time, however, there would be no increase in the price of beer,” said an excise department official.
“Consequent to the rise of six per cent, the net effect would be a price rise of Rs.10-15,” added the official.
The Kerala Bottlers and Distillers Federation (KBF) and Association of Distillers, Brewers and Vintners of India (ADBVI) had sought a flat 10 per cent hike.
Sales of liquor in the last fiscal crossed a record Rs.7,000 crore and the revenue to the state government by way of taxes crossed Rs.6,000 crore.
“We expect that this fiscal the sales of liquor will cross Rs.8,000 crore and the state exchequer will get more than Rs.7,000 crore. This new six per cent hike would give the distillers an additional Rs.43 crore and the state government an extra Rs.230 crore,” said the official.
- Kerala liquor suppliers threaten supply shutdown - Jun 21, 2012
- Pay more for liquor, Kerala government told - Apr 17, 2012
- Kerala distilleries seek hike in liquor prices - Dec 20, 2011
- We're in dire straits: Kerala distilleries - Aug 19, 2011
- Liquor to cost more in Haryana - Feb 21, 2011
- UP's Bacchus lovers go from 'videshi' to 'desi' - May 16, 2012
- Rs.70 crore liquor sold on Onam days - Aug 30, 2012
- ABD launches new brandy in Kerala - Feb 02, 2012
- Kerala in Catch-22 situation over bar timings - Aug 27, 2012
- Punjab on a 'high', to guzzle over 350 mn liquor bottles - Feb 27, 2011
- Kerala government says no to new liquor vends - May 27, 2011
- Punjab hikes liquor prices - Feb 22, 2011
- Liquor costlier in Himachal Pradesh - Mar 10, 2011
- UP to revise Mayawati's excise policy - Apr 02, 2012
- Pub-city Bangalore to go microbrewing for beer - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,