Life Insurance Corp eyeing 20 percent premium growthJune 23rd, 2009 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 23 (IANS) Life Insurance Corp of India (LIC), the country’s largest life insurer, is targeting 20 percent growth in premium this fiscal, a top official said here Tuesday.
“Last year we have received total premium of Rs.155,000 crore. This year we are looking at a 20 percent growth over that,” T.S. Vijayan, chairman of LIC, told reporters.
The insurance major is also expecting a 25 percent growth in its new premium over Rs.52,000 crore last fiscal.
Explaining the rationale behind setting such high growth targets, Vijayan said: “The economy is looking up. Now there is some sort of stability in the market.”
During April-May, LIC saw “good growth”, he said. “It was around 25-30 percent above same period last fiscal.”
The growth strategy for LIC this year would be mix of both Unit-Linked Insurance Policies (ULIP) and other products, Vijayan added.
In 2008-09, the company infused around Rs.40,000 crore in equities. “I believe, if the going is good this year, we will do the same,” Vijayan said.
- Internal probe yet to find any wrongdoing: LIC - Feb 06, 2011
- LIC will invest Rs 50,000 cr in FY'10 - Jun 24, 2009
- Life insurance had a great fall in September - Oct 21, 2010
- Aegon Religare targeting Rs.500 crore premium in 2010-11 - Oct 08, 2010
- LIC expects Rs.176,000 crore premium income this fiscal - Mar 07, 2010
- Shriram Life to tap clients of group companies - Jan 12, 2011
- ING Vysya Life to raise equity base by Rs.227 crore - Aug 24, 2010
- LIC expects to better budgeted growth target - Feb 02, 2011
- United India targets Rs.8,000 crore premium income - May 03, 2011
- United India Insurance targets Rs.8,000 crore premium - Nov 10, 2011
- United India to cross Rs.8,000 crore premium - Feb 14, 2012
- Chola MS targets Rs.1,350 crore premium by March-end - Jan 02, 2012
- Chola MS General targets Rs.1,400 crore premium in 2011-12 - Jun 02, 2011
- ING Life investing Rs.240 crore on expansion - Jul 01, 2010
- UBI to raise Rs.3.1 bn via preferential allotment - Mar 19, 2012