Licences of six developers cancelled in LucknowJuly 3rd, 2008 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 3 (IANS) The Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) has decided to cancel the licenses of major private builders, engaged in developing integrated townships in that city, on grounds of violating construction norms and providing wrong information in the registration form. The integrated township projects failing to meet registration norms include Sahara City Homes by the Sahara Group, Omaxe Heights by Omaxe, and the ambitious Rs.50-billion Sushant Golf City by Ansals API.
Others whose licences have been cancelled are ANS Constructions, Virat Constructions and KSM Constructions.
Notices have also been issued to Emaar MGF and Eldico.
None of these builders had followed norms laid out in the registration forms, LDA vice-chairman Mukesh Meshram told IANS.
“There were many anomalies in their applications for obtaining licence. For example, the information on total land acquired by them was wrong. The actual land acquired by them was less than what was mentioned in their application forms,” Meshram said.
Additionally, he said, the developers had not allotted a certain portion of the land for facilities like schools, housing for the economically weaker sections, parks and playground which they were required to do.
“Also, the population density is more than it was mentioned in their plans. It was on these grounds that we decided to cancel their projects,” Meshram said.
“The matter is now being resolved,” Kunal Banerjee, head of marketing at Ansals API, said. “We have asked for time to fulfil the norms.”
Other developers were not available for comment.
- Greater Noida township deadlock continues - Sep 13, 2011
- Delay in flat transfer hits Himachal real estate - Sep 02, 2012
- Draw for flats for poor in Gurgaon cancelled - Jul 30, 2011
- Punjab to terminate Omaxe project agreement - Jun 18, 2011
- Now spotlight on land acquisition in Ghaziabad - Jul 18, 2011
- Punjab won't acquire Zirakpur land without farmers' consent - Nov 03, 2011
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Ascendas, Japanese firms to build industrial township near Chennai - Jan 10, 2012
- Noida land acquisition row: Apex court notice to UP, Noida (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Gujarat permits 21-floor buildings - Dec 04, 2009
- Court cancels acquisition in 3 Noida villages, hikes compensation - Oct 21, 2011
- Making housing affordable: Realty industry needs budget boost (Comment) - Feb 26, 2012
- Now Karnataka industries minister under scanner for land scam - Oct 29, 2011
- Idea Cellular seeks clarification on licence cancellation - Feb 21, 2012
- Street vendors to get space in Lucknow shopping centres - Aug 19, 2009
Tags: anomalies, application forms, constructions, ksm, lucknow development authority, lucknow development authority lda, mukesh, New Delhi, norms, omaxe heights, playground, population density, private builders, registration form, registration forms, rs 50, sahara city, sahara group, townships, vice chairman