LIC Housing Finance profit falls by 11 percentJuly 24th, 2012 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 24 (IANS) LIC Housing Finance Tuesday said its profit fell by 11.32 percent to Rs.227.74 crore in the April-June 2012 quarter as compared to Rs.256.50 crore in the corresponding period of last year.
However, total income of LIC Housing Finance, a subsidiary of the government-run Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), increased to Rs.1,767.30 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 as compared to Rs.1,418.18 crore during the corresponding quarter of previous year.
Share price of LIC Housing Finance closed 1.09 percent higher at Rs.251.05 at the Bombay Stock Exchange after slumping to a low of Rs.241 in the intra-day.
During the quarter under review, the company sanctioned loans of Rs.4,900 crore to individuals and Rs.410 crore to builders.
LIC Housing Finance disbursed nearly Rs.4,500 crore housing loans to individuals and Rs.320 crore to developers in the first quarter of the current financial year.
- LIC Housing Finance profit up 37 percent in Q2 - Oct 14, 2010
- Direct tax mop-up rises 6.77 percent in April-June - Jul 09, 2012
- ACC profit rises 24.16 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- SBI profit more than doubles to Rs.3,751.56 crore - Aug 10, 2012
- Hindustan Unilever profits double to Rs.1,331 crore - Jul 23, 2012
- RIL fourth quarter net profit down 21.2 percent (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- LIC Housing Finance quarterly profit up - Jan 30, 2012
- Indian Oil Corporation loss widens to Rs.22,450.95 crore - Aug 09, 2012
- HDFC Q2 profit jumps 22 percent to Rs.807.54 crore - Oct 18, 2010
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- Exide industries net profit up 35 percent in Q1 - Jul 13, 2010
- Magma's Q2 income up 27 percent - Oct 17, 2011
- Indian economy grows at a sluggish 5.5 percent in Q1 (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Railways' first quarter revenue up 12.15 percent - Jul 18, 2011
Tags: bombay stock exchange, crore, developers, first quarter, housing loans, insurance, lic housing finance, life insurance corporation, life insurance corporation of india, previous year, quarter ended june, rs 1, share price, subsidiary