LG Electronics expects 45 percent jump in turnoverFebruary 16th, 2010 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 16 (IANS) Consumer durables major LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd expects a 45 percent jump in its turnover in 2010 (January-December), a top official said here Tuesday.
The turnover is expected to touch Rs.19,000 crore from Rs.13,090 crore posted in 2009.
“With the economy looking up, we see major rebound in demand for consumer goods in the current year for which we have already upped our capacities,” the company’s Chief Operating Officer Yasho V. Verma said while launching a range of air-conditioners here.
LG is eyeing a turnover of Rs.2,500 crore this year from the room air-conditioners section. It clocked a turnover of Rs.1,600 crore in 2009, air conditioner business head Ajay Bajaj said.
Apart from consumer electronics, LG’s South Korea headquarter is currently working on developing a range of electronics products targeted at business applications.
“Our research &b development centre in Korea is currently working on equipment and appliances used in hospitals and educational institutions, which we plan to introduce in India at a later stage,” Verma said without elaborating further.
- South Korea's LG sees 45 percent jump in India turnover (Lead) - Feb 16, 2010
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- LG Electronics to double Indian sales by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- Panasonic India targets Rs.3,000 crore turnover - Dec 22, 2010
- Hitachi eyes 10 pc market share in AC segment in 2011 - Feb 03, 2011
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Consumer goods firms get makeover to blend with changing times (Flashback 2009) - Dec 28, 2009
- Consumer durables prices to go up again - Jun 10, 2012
- Hitachi to double its India turover by 2013 - Feb 09, 2011
- Westinghouse forays into India, to invest Rs.70 crore - Nov 11, 2011
- Diwali glitter in Mumbai despite inflation! - Oct 24, 2011
- Now test LG's products at its demonstration zones - Jul 28, 2011
- Whirlpool introduces new products for larger market share - Mar 22, 2012
- Bajaj Electricals scouting for buys with Rs.300 crore kitty - Jan 10, 2011
- LG plans to invest Rs 1,000 crore in India - Aug 16, 2011
Tags: air conditioner, appliances, business applications, business head, chief operating officer, consumer durables, consumer goods, crore, educational institutions, electronics products, hospitals, india pvt ltd, lg electronics, rebound, room air conditioners, rs 1, rs 2, s south, south korea, turnover