Lexus Motors Soars High In The UKJune 3rd, 2010 - 6:44 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) There is some good news for the troubled Japanese carmaker Toyota motors.
It is still reeling under the recall fiasco that has plagued it since the beginning of 2010 but Lexus, its luxury car wing is doing rather well amidst troubled times.
A latest car owner’s survey conducted in the UK has placed Lexus among the best 5 carmakers for their steady popularity. Lexus trounced the competition away with a score of 846 points out of 1000 in the survey. Lexus got the numero uno place in the study conducted by What Car? and JD Power and Associates for the 10th successive year.
Toyota had to be content with 5th place but its slide was owing to the ghost of recall as one can imagine.
It was in segments like vehicle appeal, service satisfaction and vehicle quality and reliability that Lexus did remarkably well compared to the rivals. Honda another Japanese carmaker was a close second with a score of 825. The third place went to luxury carmaker Jaguar.
Two Lexus models also got selected for car level awards in the survey. The Vehicle Ownership Satisfaction Study was based on almost 17,000 online interviews from the car owners in UK.
The sales of Lexus vehicles have not been affected by the plunging fortunes of Toyota motors.
While Toyota sales increased by only a margin of 3.6% last month, Lexus sales grew by a margin of 31.3%. This is despite the fact that one of popular Lexus models had to be recalled few weeks back.
It seems that the brand value of Lexus has not taken a beating despite the odds.
- Yet Another Toyota Recall To Take Place - Jul 02, 2010
- Japanese cars voted most reliable by UK magazine - Jul 22, 2010
- Toyota announces global recall of nearly 1.7 million vehicles following fuel leakage problems - Jan 26, 2011
- Toyota Unveils Incentives To Win Back Customers - Mar 03, 2010
- Toyota To Recall Priuses? - Feb 05, 2010
- Toyota recalls 400,000 cars in US - Jul 29, 2010
- Toyota recalls 420,000 vehicles in the United States - Nov 10, 2011
- Millions of Toyota recalls leave brand undented - Feb 16, 2012
- Toyota Makes Yet Another Goof-up, Recalls Sienna Minivans - Apr 17, 2010
- Toyota fixing leaky hoses in over 1.6 mn vehicles - Mar 02, 2010
- Toyota Plagued By Yet Another SUV Recall - Apr 29, 2010
- GM may replace production-hit Toyota as No 1 automaker - Apr 23, 2011
- Toyota recalls 1.7m cars because of fuel-leakage issue - Jan 26, 2011
- Toyota May Roll Out Incentives To Bounce Back - Feb 16, 2010
- 270,000 Toyota Vehicles Recalled Fearing Faulty Engines - Jul 02, 2010
Tags: car level, car owner, car owners, carmakers, fiasco, jd power and associates, level awards, lexus, lexus models, lexus vehicles, luxury car, luxury carmaker, ranjan, satisfaction study, service satisfaction, soars, toyota motors, toyota sales, troubled times, vehicle quality