Lepakshi Knowledge Hub to set up textile parkFebruary 29th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Feb 29 (IANS) Lepakshi Knowledge Hub (LKH) will develop a state-of-the-art textile park in Andhra Pradesh’s Anantapur district with an investment of Rs.120 crore.
LKH has received the nod from project approval committee of the central textiles ministry under its scheme for integrated textile parks.
The proposed park will come up within the 10,000 acres LKH eco-system in Anantapur, said a company statement here Wednesday.
The 130-acre textile park will have common infrastructure, design studios, ready to use garment manufacturing units, a garment training institute and a trade hub. It is expected that the units coming up in the park will bring in another Rs.660 crore over a period of 5-10 years.
When fully operational, the park will employ over 10,000 local people, mainly women from neighboring villages.
LKH proposes to have other components such as bio-tech SEZ, aerospace and precise engineering SEZ, free-trade warehousing zone and an Ayush Park.
LKH last month announced a joint venture with GEM and Vittal Innovation City to develop India’s first hi-tech electronic city.
- Lepakshi forms joint venture for electronic city - Jan 13, 2012
- IT investment region to come up around Hyderabad - Sep 08, 2012
- Karnataka gets Rs.5-trillion worth investment proposals (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Govt okays 11 special economic zones - Sep 16, 2010
- IT, BT firms flock to Karnataka to invest Rs.124 bn - Jun 01, 2010
- Karnataka to have five new bio-tech parks - Jul 11, 2011
- Karnataka moves to set up IT investment region near Bangalore - Jul 15, 2010
- Coming up in Chhattisgarh: India's 21st century city - Jul 13, 2010
- Andhra plans three agri business investment regions (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Bangalore to host 10th edition of biotech expo June 2 - May 25, 2010
- Asia's largest aerospace hub near Bangalore soon - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Karnataka SEZ changing socio-economic landscape' - Oct 24, 2010
- Rs.2,100 crore sanctioned for textiles parks - Oct 27, 2011
- Tamil Nadu to get new marine biotech park - Jan 31, 2011
- Indian biotech sector rebounds on global recovery - Jun 02, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,