Lava mobile to invest $5 million in NigeriaDecember 22nd, 2011 - 6:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) Mobile handset manufacturer Lava Thursday said that it will invest $5 million in the coming fiscal to develop service centres and brand building in Nigeria, where it sells nearly 50,000 units per month.
“We will go ahead and invest $5 million to develop the service centre and brand building in Nigeria. This investment will also benefit our operations in Ghana, as it sources a lot of content from Nigeria,” Sunil Raina, chief marketing officer of Lava International, told IANS.
According to Raina, the company’s phones have been very well received in the African country.
“Consumer wants in India and these markets are very similar and we are focusing on providing products which have long battery life with standard features,” he said.
The company said that it will tweak a couple of features like language options from English-to-French for luring more customers.
Raina added that Lava is targeting 10 percent of handset market share in the African country where it started offering mobile phones some four months ago.
“It’s a 20 lakh to 25 lakh per month market… we are targeting nearly 10 percent of the total market share in the coming quarter,” he said.
- Lava launches unbreakable phone handset A16 - Dec 22, 2011
- India's mobile phone users spoilt for choice - Jun 05, 2011
- Huawei to design mobile handsets for Indian market - Jun 15, 2011
- Zen Mobiles to enter Bangladesh by April - Jan 06, 2011
- Taiwan's Mediatek brings Facebook to entry level phones - Nov 08, 2011
- Airtel revenue rises in Africa - May 02, 2012
- Nokia India bets on phone-plus services for growth - Sep 20, 2010
- Nokia to focus on sub-Rs.6,000 category - Oct 31, 2011
- Indian handsets market reports 5 percent drop in revenues - Jul 09, 2012
- Manufacturing ecosystem, uniform tax rate for handsets called for - Nov 02, 2011
- Stringent mobile radiation norms from Saturday - Aug 31, 2012
- Bharti forays into mobile handset business - Sep 19, 2010
- Sony Ericsson launches Xperia Arc, Play in India - Apr 07, 2011
- Nokia launches two low-priced handsets - Sep 15, 2011
- Africa gets major share of Indian investments worldwide - Jul 12, 2012