Latin American states keen on investing in Bengal: MamataJune 16th, 2012 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 16 (IANS) Latin American countries like Brazil, Paraguay, and Uruguay are interested in investing in West Bengal’s tourism, information technology, and food processing industries, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said Saturday.
“They are interested in tourism, IT, and food processing industries. We are happy to hear that they will invest in West Bengal,” Banerjee told media persons after a meeting with the ambassadors of these countries at the state secretariat here.
The chief minister said these countries would organise a food and cultural festival in Kolkata in November this year.
Banerjee said she requested the ambassadors also to organise a football match in the city before the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
“I told them that we will love to see a football match of the players from Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Costa Rica. I also told them that people of West Bengal will love to see their players playing here…they have agreed,” she said.
State Finance Minister Amit Mitra and Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee were also present at the meeting.
- 'Latin America, Caribbean and India should build closer ties' - Jul 18, 2012
- Bengal minister to visit New Delhi over coal blocks allocation - Mar 06, 2012
- Latin America beckons, India's trade may reach $50 bn by 2014 - Jan 02, 2012
- Good policy environment in Bengal needed for investment - Apr 20, 2012
- Shapoorji Pallonji to build port, power plant in West Bengal - Aug 01, 2012
- Mamata woos industrialists, says will provide facilities - Jan 09, 2012
- Argentina face Paraguay in World Cup qualifier - Sep 07, 2012
- Maruti plans Rs.80 crore logistic hub in Bengal - Jan 13, 2012
- Of legends and stars: Mamata, Hillary discuss Tagore, SRK - May 07, 2012
- FICCI offers partnering Bengal in textiles, food processing - Jul 02, 2011
- Mamata flays critics of SRK felicitation - May 31, 2012
- SRK becomes Bengal ambassador, to shoot promo - Apr 05, 2012
- Punj Lloyd to invest in Bengal infrastructure - Jan 09, 2012
- Mamata inaugurates International Financial Hub - Mar 10, 2012
- Policy matters, iron ore sourcing delaying steel plant: JSW Steel - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: ambassadors, amit mitra, brazil paraguay, chief minister, fifa world cup, finance minister, food processing industries, football match, industry minister, kolkata, latin american countries, latin american states, mamata banerjee, media persons, partha chatterjee, secretariat, state finance, state secretariat, tourism information technology, west bengal