Larsen and Toubro bags order worth Rs.3,500 croreMay 16th, 2011 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 16 (IANS) Larsen and Toubro Monday said it has bagged a project worth Rs.3,500 crore from Chennai-based PPN Power Generating Company for setting up a gas-based power plant in Tamil Nadu.
“The order was bagged by Larsen and Toubro under international tariff based global competitive bidding against competition from domestic and international power plant equipment manufacturers,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
The scope of the work includes design, detailed engineering, supply, installation and commissioning of the complete power plant on a turnkey basis.
The plant will incorporate advanced glass turbines and high efficiency steam turbines from Mitsubishi Heavy Industries of Japan, which will be procured by Larsen and Toubro.
The project will be executed by the gas-based power projects business unit of Larsen and Toubro Power, based in Baroda.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of the company were 0.07 percent up to trade at Rs.1,529.90.
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,100 crore Gujarat deal - Feb 14, 2011
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
- BGR Energy lowest bidder for NTPC's mega tender - Sep 15, 2011
- L&T bags Rs.1,449 crore order for a Chhattisgarh power plant - Oct 19, 2010
- NTPC order will be met with local, imported machines: BGR - Sep 15, 2011
- L&T; bags orders worth Rs.1,076 crore in Q1 of 2012-13 - Jun 15, 2012
- BGR Energy cuts capex for JVs with Hitachi - Aug 09, 2012
- Larson and Toubro bags Rs.1,600-cr contract - Nov 09, 2009
- BGR Energy partners with Hitachi for power equipment - Aug 06, 2010
- BGR-Hitachi power equipment plants to go on stream in 2013 - Sep 16, 2011
- Lanco Infratech bags Rs.365.28 crore order in Iraq - Jun 21, 2011
- BGR Energy ties up with Nooter/Eriksen in boiler making - Jan 07, 2010
- Siemens to invest Rs.400 crore on wind turbines in India - Nov 30, 2010
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Mitsubishi to build plant in Mexico - Sep 07, 2012
Tags: baroda, bombay stock exchange, business unit, competitive bidding, crore, detailed engineering, high efficiency, japan, larsen and toubro, mitsubishi, mitsubishi heavy industries, power plant equipment, power projects, rs 1, scope, steam turbines, tamil nadu, turnkey basis, worth rs