Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highwayAugust 4th, 2012 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Aug 4 (IANS) The Srinagar-Jammu highway was closed Saturday following landslides in Ramban sector.
“Heavy rains triggered landslides in the Ramban sector of the Srinagar-Jammu road Saturday morning,” a senior police officer told IANS.
“The vehicular movement on the over 300-km long road has been stopped for safety of passengers and vehicles. Attempts are on to clear the road,” the officer said.
“Intending travellers are advised to contact the traffic control rooms in Srinagar and Jammu before undertaking the journey,” he added.
All essential supplies to the valley, including petroleum products, cooking gas, foodstuffs and other commodities, are brought into Kashmir along the Jammu-Srinagar highway.
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed due to landslides - Feb 24, 2011
- Landslides block Srinagar-Jammu highway again - Feb 22, 2012
- One-way traffic likely on Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 20, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway open to one-way traffic - Jan 10, 2012
- Fresh snowfall blocks Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 06, 2012
- Traffic restored on Jammu-Srinagar highway - Dec 09, 2011
- Rains block Jammu-Srinagar highway, many stranded - Aug 22, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway opens for one-way traffic - Mar 05, 2011
- Heavy rains, snow force shutdown of JK highway for third day - Mar 03, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway open for one-way traffic - Jan 22, 2012
- Jammu-Srinagar highway closed for fourth day - Feb 16, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway closed, avalanche warning in Valley - Feb 15, 2011
- Snow shuts only road link to valley for fifth day (Second Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Traffic restored on Srinagar-Jammu highway - Jan 14, 2012
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway - Mar 04, 2010