Landslide disrupts Konkan Railway traffic againJuly 22nd, 2011 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 22 (IANS) Barely hours after rail traffic resumed along the Konkan Railway (KR) route, a fresh landslide disrupted operations yet again Friday, an official said.
This is the third time that traffic along the KR route was disrupted in the last one week.
“The landslide occurred at 3:33 a.m. between Kankavli and Kudal railway stations (in southern Maharashtra, 90 and 120 km from here),” KR’s chief public relations officer Siddheshwar Telugu said in a statement here.
“Whenever there is a rainfall of about 100 up to 125 mm in a day, lot of water and slush comes and accumulates onto the tracks, causing disruption,” Telugu said.
Nine trains have been cancelled and five have been diverted on the route.
Earlier this week, train traffic was disrupted on the KR route in Maharashtra’s Ratnagiri sector when a protective wall collapsed on the tracks.
- Konkan Railway route to normalise Thursday - Jul 19, 2011
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route - Jun 17, 2011
- Traffic on Konkan rail route resumes after 12 hours (Lead) - Aug 18, 2010
- Rains hit Konkan Railway services - Jul 17, 2011
- Landslide hit Konkan rail services - Aug 18, 2010
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Heavy rains and landslide disrupt Konkan rail services - Sep 03, 2011
- Heavy rains disrupt life, rail links in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 24, 2010
- Konkan train services restored - Jun 19, 2011
- Landslides disrupt Konkan Railway traffic - Jul 18, 2011
- Heavy rains hit trains in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 25, 2010
- Landslide blocks Konkan Railway, thousands stranded - Aug 30, 2011
- Two killed as heavy rains lash coastal Maharashtra - Jul 22, 2010
- Konkan Railway revenue hit by mining scam: Official - Oct 12, 2011
- Heavy showers disrupt Konkan rail traffic (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
Tags: disruption, konkan railway, kudal, landslide, lot of water, maharashtra, public relations officer, rail traffic, railway stations, railway traffic, rainfall, ratnagiri, slush, third time, train traffic, trains