Land bank, affordable housing scheme in GhaziabadJune 26th, 2012 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 26 (IANS) Land bank will be created for various residential and commercial projects here and its acquisition process will be streamlined, the Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA) said Tuesday. It also proposed to launch an affordable housing scheme.
“Our officials would get down to work out the feasibility and modalities of such an affordable housing scheme. The prices of such houses would be roughly structured between Rs.5-10 lakh,” GDA vice chairman Santosh Yadav said.
The authority is facing shortage of land for new projects and any new acquisition will be done thorough the land bank. It passed seven projects and sent the remaining to the government for approval.
The board of authority also decided to raise the circle rates of residential properties in line with the hike in administration circle rates.
To boost the housing sector as also to facilitate the builders, the authority also proposed to hike the Floor Area Ration (FAR), and keep it in sync with that of its counterparts in Noida and Delhi. This is being done to utilise the space in the best way possible, officials said.
The authority has, however, scrapped the provision of allowing builders to deposit the development charges in instalment.
“The builders would not have to deposit the entire development cess at one time while seeking approval of the lay-out plans to their projects,” Yadav said.
- Ghaziabad authority approves Rs.200 crore for Delhi Metro extension - Apr 26, 2012
- Ghaziabad plots auctioned at record rates - Jul 24, 2012
- Illegal constructions in Ghaziabad sealed, case against builder - May 21, 2012
- GDA launches call centre in Ghaziabad - Jul 10, 2012
- Ghaziabad architect caught taking bribe - Apr 20, 2012
- Multi-crore scam alleged in Ghaziabad authority - Jun 23, 2010
- GDA to seal banks working from residential premises - Jun 12, 2012
- UP to develop hi-tech industrial township in Bulandshahr - Sep 07, 2012
- Ghaziabad civic agency accused of illegal land sale - Jan 05, 2012
- Noida, Greater Noida farmers and home buyers on war path (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Mend land policy to push realty, infrastructure (Comment) - Aug 19, 2012
- Project to shorten distance between Delhi, Ghaziabad approved - Sep 10, 2012
- Now spotlight on land acquisition in Ghaziabad - Jul 18, 2011
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Plans unveiled for hassle-free travel to Ghaziabad - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: acquisition, affordable housing scheme, cess, commercial projects, counterparts, development charges, feasibility, ghaziabad development authority, ghaziabad development authority gda, modalities, new projects, noida, provision, residential properties, sync, vice chairman