Lanco bags project to mine, operate coal block in ChhattisgarhAugust 3rd, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 3 (IANS) Infrastructure major Lanco Infratech Limited (LITL) Wednesday said it has bagged a project to mine and operate Gare Pelma II coal block in Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh, and to set-up a 2,000 mega watt power plant.
The company did not divulge any financial details of the project it has bagged from Maha Tamil Collieries Ltd (MTCL), but said that this was a major step in consolidating its presence in the natural resources and power sector.
“This is a very good opportunity for us, considering the opportunity to develop and operate one of the largest coal blocks in the country and developing a large scale power project with 100 percent assured domestic coal supply,” L. Madhusudan Rao, executive chairman, Lanco Infratech Limited.
Rao further said that the company would benefit from the assured domestic coal supply from captive mine.
“Maha Tamil project offers captive mine, saving the project from high cost fuel mix, avoiding infrastructure and logistic issues at the same time providing for reliable and economical fuel source.”
The company added that with this new project its existing coal assets of Griffin in Australia and Rampia block in India now stands at 2 billion tonnes.
The Gare Pelma sector II coal block located in Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh, having geological reserves of approximately 800 million tonnes.
- Lanco Infratech bags Rs.365.28 crore order in Iraq - Jun 21, 2011
- Hyderabad-based Nav Bharat comes under CBI scanner - Sep 05, 2012
- GOM to meet on power sector woes, PM offers help (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Coal India asked to streamline supply to power producers - Feb 01, 2012
- Private power producers apprise government of their woes - Jan 18, 2012
- Lanco Solar bags Rs.884.18 crore solar power project - May 26, 2011
- Indian company buys Australian coal mines in $850 mn deal - Dec 15, 2010
- GoM to meet on power sector woes, PM offers help (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- Coal may have to be imported to meet power demand - Aug 12, 2012
- 30 coal blocks start production out of 195 allocated - Aug 13, 2012
- CSE alleges wrongdoing in solar mission, firm denies charges - Feb 01, 2012
- Government decides in favour of R-Power's coal transfer plan - Apr 28, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to get 2,000 MW power from NTPC project - Nov 26, 2010
- Consensus on commercial mining of coal to be evolved - Apr 28, 2011
- Coal India achieves near-target performance - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: chhattisgarh, coal assets, coal supply, domestic coal, economical fuel, executive chairman, financial details, fuel mix, fuel source, griffin, lanco infratech limited, large scale, litl, madhusudan, mega watt, New Delhi, power plant, power sector, tamil, watt power