Labour trouble at Ford IndiaMarch 27th, 2012 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 27 (IANS) Around 350 employees of Ford India Pvt Ltd held a protest outside the company’s plant at Maraimalai Nagar near here Tuesday demanding the reinstatement of nine dismissed employees, said a union official.
Speaking to IANS, Ford India Employees Union General Secretary A. Satish Kumar said: “The company dismissed nine people today (Tuesday) and we want them to be reinstated. The company is targeting one category of employees.”
Employees of Ford India can claim reimbursement of medicine charges on submission of pharmacy bills.
On an enquiry, the company found that the nine employees had submitted bogus bills and they were dismissed.
Queried about that, Ford India in a statement to IANS said: “Nine employees at Ford’s Chennai operation violated the company’s code of integrity. Their employment was terminated after due enquiry process. The plant continues to operate its normal production schedule.”
According to Kumar, the nine dismissed employees belong to the production associates category and are paid on hourly basis.
“The company had conducted verification of the medicine bills only for this category of employees alone while the reimbursement scheme is there for all the employees. It is common knowledge that majority of the bills submitted for reimbursement are bogus,” he said.
He said no formal strike notice has been served on the company.
- Conciliation meeting between Ford union, management Thursday - Mar 28, 2012
- Trouble grows in Ford India after seven workers suspended - Mar 30, 2012
- Conciliation meeting between Ford India union and management Tuesday - Apr 03, 2012
- Labour trouble brewing in Ford India - Mar 23, 2011
- Work to resume at Ford India's Chennai plant Friday - Mar 30, 2012
- Ford India to export Eco Sport; offers petrol, diesel versions - Jul 17, 2012
- Decision on Hyundai workers dispute expected this week - Aug 16, 2010
- Ford India to invest Rs.750 crore in Chennai plant - Jan 20, 2012
- Ford workers seek government intervention - Jun 18, 2010
- Striking Comstar Automotive workers plan fast - Aug 19, 2011
- Labour unrest brewing at Hyundai Motor India - Aug 03, 2010
- Protesting Hyundai workers roll out cars on empty stomach - Nov 30, 2011
- Ford India to benefit from economies of scale - Sep 20, 2011
- Sacked Hundai workers detained, hunger-strike foiled - Nov 30, 2011
- Ford mulls fresh investments, plant expansion in India - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: bogus bills, chennai, common knowledge, enquiry, ford, ford india, general secretary, hourly basis, india pvt ltd, integrity, labour, medicine, pharmacy bills, protest, reinstatement, satish kumar, submission