L&T; arm signs Rs.2,600 crore highway construction agreement (Lead)June 22nd, 2011 - 6:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 22 (IANS) Construction and engineering major Larsen and Toubro (L&T;) Wednesday said that its subsidiary, Larsen and Toubro Infrastructure Development Projects Limited (L&TIDPL;), has signed a Rs.2,600 crore concession agreement with the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) for a highway project in Rajasthan.
The agreement is for the four-laning of the 244 km of NH14 between Beawar and Pindwara in Rajasthan.
“The estimated project cost is about Rs.2,600 crore and the project is scheduled to be completed in 30 months. It will be executed on BOT (build operate transfer) DBFO (design, build, finance and operate) basis, with a concession period of 23 years,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
With this project, L&T; currently has 16 projects in its BOT roads portfolio, of which seven are at present in operational phase, eight in construction phase and this project is entering the development phase, thus cumulating in a length of 6,700 km and total length of 1,461 km.
The total project book size stands at Rs.15,800 crore.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, the shares of Larsen and Toubro were up by 0.96 percent to trade at Rs.1,662 apiece.
- L&T; arm signs Rs.2,600 crore agreement with NHAI - Jun 22, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,937 crore order from GVK Group - Feb 06, 2012
- L&T; clinches Rs.2,164-crore road development project - Dec 13, 2011
- Four-laning of highway in Madhya Pradesh approved - Sep 06, 2011
- Government clears three highway projects - Jan 12, 2012
- L&T bags Rs.1,610-crore contract for power project - Sep 27, 2010
- Nod to highway projects worth Rs.4,814 crore - Mar 01, 2012
- L&T; Oman bags orders worth Rs.875 crore - Nov 03, 2011
- L&T; planning private equity fund after IPO - Jul 25, 2011
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.2,592 crore orders - May 19, 2012
- Two killed as monorail slab collapses (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Concession agreement signed for Hyderabad Metro - Sep 04, 2010
- Government approves 15 highway projects worth Rs.15,680 crore - Nov 16, 2011
- L&T bags Hyderabad Metro Rail project - Jul 14, 2010
- L&T's subsidiary bags Rs.2,503 crore-worth orders - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: 23 years, beawar, bombay stock exchange, concession agreement, construction phase, development phase, estimated project, highway construction, India, infrastructure development projects, laning, larsen and toubro, national highways authority, nhai, operational phase, phase eight, rs 1, signs, subsidiary