K.V. Kamath to head Infosys (Lead)April 30th, 2011 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 30 (IANS) K.V. Kamath was Saturday named as the next chairman of the IT bellwether Infosys, succeeding N.R. Narayana Murthy.
Murthy said that Kamath will take over from Aug 11. Murthy’s term ends the same day.
Kamath is the non-executive chairman of the board of directors of ICICI Bank, India’s second largest bank.
According to the ICICI website, Kamath has a degree in mechanical engineering and did his MBA at the Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad. He started his career in 1971 at ICICI. In 1988, he moved to the Asian Development Bank.
In 1996, Kamath returned to ICICI as its managing director and CEO.
- K.V. Kamath named Infosys chairman (Second Lead, correcting date in Para 2) - Apr 30, 2011
- Infosys names K.V. Kamath as new chairman (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Kamath, the force behind ICICI's rise (Profile) - May 01, 2011
- Banker Kamath to succeed Narayana Murthy at Infosys (Roundup) - May 01, 2011
- ICICI Bank's Kamath joins Infosys as director - May 02, 2009
- Renowned banker K.V. Kamath new Infosys chairman (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Bill Gates wishes Murthy as he retires from Infosys - Aug 20, 2011
- Infosys inducts four new directors - Jun 11, 2011
- Can Kamath, the risk taker, change the de-risking mindset in Infosys? (Comment) - May 01, 2011
- Ex-IITian is the new Infosys co-chairman - May 01, 2011
- Co-founder Narayana Murthy bids adieu to Infosys - Aug 19, 2011
- Infosys drops 'Technologies' from name - May 01, 2011
- Infosys swaps global business heads - Feb 03, 2012
- Infosys braces to face twin challenges of clients - Jun 09, 2012
- Infosys on course correction to spur growth: Kamath - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: asian development bank, bellwether, board of directors, ceo, chairman of the board, degree in mechanical engineering, executive chairman, icici bank india, indian institute of management, indian institute of management ahmedabad, institute of management, managing director, mba, n r narayana murthy, narayana murthy