KSIDC to work on projects worth Rs.100,000 croreJuly 25th, 2011 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, July 25 (IANS) The Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation (KSIDC), which is celebrating its golden jubilee year, will be working on mega projects worth Rs.100,000 crore in the next few years.
On the anvil are a host of varied projects, including a life sciences park, an electronic hub, a petrochemical complex, an oceanarium, a trade and convention centre at Kochi, a high-speed rail corridor, a titanium sponge project at Kollam, a convention centre at Kozhikode and a financial service hub at Angamaly.
In a press release issued here, the state-run KSIDC said it had pioneered and partnered in over 700 projects during the last 50 years.
“Today, KSIDC is not only the nodal agency for all industrial related activities but is also a window to Kerala for the outside world and an important cog in Kerala’s economic wheel,” said Additional Chief Secretary (industries and commerce) T. Balakrishnan.
KSIDC will celebrate its golden jubilee on July 30 in Kochi by honouring outstanding entrepreneurs, and awarding scholarships to 50 girl students from the lowest strata of society. Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Industries Minister P.K. Kunhalikutty will join the celebrations.
To achieve its targets, KSIDC will hold investor meets within the country and participate in investment related international events in the Middle East as well as countries like the US, Germany, Malaysia and Singapore to attract investments from NRIs.
- Emerging Kerala investment meet to see 51 nations taking part - Aug 31, 2012
- Kerala's agenda tailor-made to attract investments: Chandy (With Images) - May 15, 2012
- Kerala seeks approval for Rs.53,825 crore infrastructure project - Aug 20, 2012
- Australia wants to partner Kerala in agro-based services - Jun 18, 2012
- Chandy to lead 'Emerging Kerala' road show in Mumbai (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- India joins select band of titanium sponge producers - Feb 27, 2011
- Antony to inaugurate titanium sponge plant based on DRDO technology in Kerala - Feb 26, 2011
- Kerala looking for private investment in mega projects - Aug 13, 2012
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
- Kerala firms Rs.20,000-crore refinery expansion project - Sep 14, 2012
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- Cognizant expands its Kochi operations - Feb 07, 2012
- Kerala sets up new company for high speed rail - Sep 15, 2011
- Kerala to showcase rural IT parks - Aug 08, 2012
- Spadework begins on Smart City Kochi - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: angamaly, balakrishnan, chief secretary, crore, electronic hub, girl students, high speed rail, industries minister, kerala state, kozhikode, ksidc, kunhalikutty, malaysia and singapore, nodal agency, oceanarium, oommen chandy, rail corridor, service hub, titanium sponge, us germany