Konkan train services restoredJune 19th, 2011 - 6:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) Konkan Railway Sunday restored its train services that were disrupted after a retaining wall collapsed near Ratnagiri due to heavy rain, affecting thousands of inter-state passengers.
“Konkan Railway geared up all its men and machinery and the affected section between Ratnagiri and Nivsar was restored for traffic within a record time this (Sunday)morning,” an official said.
Thousands of inter-state railways passengers were stranded as trains connecting Maharashtra to Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala were cancelled and diverted Friday owing to incessant rainfall in the Konkan belt.
The Konkan Railway had arranged special bus services to help the stranded passengers.
“As a goodwill gesture, Konkan Railway had hired about 50 buses to for stranded passengers. The buses made 350 trips, transhipping about 18,000 passengers, apart from providing them with snacks, drinking water and portage facilities,” the official said.
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Heavy showers disrupt Konkan rail traffic (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Konkan Railway route to normalise Thursday - Jul 19, 2011
- Heavy rains hit trains in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 25, 2010
- Collision hits train services on Bangalore-Chennai route - Sep 14, 2011
- Heavy rains and landslide disrupt Konkan rail services - Sep 03, 2011
- Heavy rains disrupt life, rail links in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 24, 2010
- Landslide blocks Konkan Railway, thousands stranded - Aug 30, 2011
- Shutdown hits life in Karnataka - Sep 20, 2012
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route - Jun 17, 2011
- Rains wreak havoc in Maharashtra (Lead) - Aug 29, 2011
- Power supply partially restored in Punjab, Haryana - Jul 30, 2012
- Landslide blocks movement of Konkan Railway trains on west coast - Jul 27, 2010
- Bengal faces eight hours of blackout (Third Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Power outage in West Bengal, many trains stranded (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: bus services, buses, drinking water, goa, goodwill gesture, heavy rain, inter state, karnataka, kerala, konkan railway, maharashtra, rainfall, record time, retaining wall, snacks, state railways, sunday morning, traffic, train services, trains