Konkan Railway cancels services again due to rainsJuly 26th, 2010 - 4:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 26 (IANS) Incessant rains in coastal Maharashtra compelled Konkan Railway (KR) to cancel most of its services on the Maharashtra-Goa-Karnataka-Kerala sector for the third consecutive day Monday.
According to an official, the cancelled trains are: 0103 CST-Madgaon Mandovi Exp; 0104 Madgaon-CST Mandovi Exp; KR8/KR7 Madgaon-Sawantwadi Passenger Train; 2051 CST-Madgaon Jan Shatabdi Exp; 2052 Madgaon-CST Jan Shatabdi Express; 2619 LT Terminus Mumbai-Mangalore Matsyagandha Express; 2620 Mangalore-LT Terminus Mumbai Matsyagandha Express; 0112 Madgaon-CST Konkankanya Exp; 2977 Ernakulam-Jaipur Exp; 0216 Ernakulam-Madgaon Express; and 2201 LT Terminus Mumbai-Kochuveli Garib Rath Exp.
Short Route Termination: The KR5/KR6 Diva-Sawantwadi Passenger Train will be run only between Diva-Ratnagiri-Diva and will be cancelled between Ratnagiri-Sawantwadi- Ratnagiri.
Three trains have been diverted today to operate from alternate routes: 2997 Tirunelveli-Hapa Express; 2432 Hazrat Nizamuddin-Trivandrum Rajdhani Express and 2484 Amritsar-Kochuveli Express.
Since there are likely to be delays in these services, KR has advised passengers to contact Emergency Telephone No. 022-10722 for the latest train status.
- Landslide blocks movement of Konkan Railway trains on west coast - Jul 27, 2010
- Heavy showers disrupt Konkan rail traffic (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Heavy rains disrupt life, rail links in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 24, 2010
- Heavy rains hit trains in coastal Maharashtra - Jul 25, 2010
- Mamata Banerjee's largesse for Maharashtra - Feb 25, 2011
- Landslides disrupt Konkan Railway traffic - Jul 18, 2011
- Frequency of 12 trains increased; 21 trains extended - Feb 24, 2010
- Konkan Railway to run special train on Ganesh Chaturthi - Aug 29, 2010
- Heavy showers disrupt traffic on Konkan rail route - Jun 17, 2011
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Three injured in freak railway mishap near Mumbai - Jun 26, 2012
- Mumbaikars cheer Mamata's railway generosity - Feb 24, 2010
- Two run over by train - Nov 09, 2011
- Maharashtra gets large share of Mamata's largesse - Feb 24, 2010
- Local trains hit as rains lash Mumbai - Aug 29, 2011
Tags: alternate routes, amritsar, emergency telephone, garib rath, hapa, hazrat nizamuddin, incessant rains, jaipur, madgaon, maharashtra, mandovi, mangalore, matsyagandha express, passenger train, rajdhani express, sawantwadi, shatabdi express, terminus, train status, trivandrum