Kone Elevators plans to export components from new factoryJuly 6th, 2012 - 8:26 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 7 (IANS) City-based Kone Elevator hopes to export elevator components in a major way out of its new new factory by 2015 said a top company official here Friday.
“We will be shifting our production operations to a new location near Sriperumbudur (around 50 km from here). We have acquired 18.5 acre there. The production capacity of the proposed plant will be nearly double that of the existing one here,” Neeraj Sharma, managing director, told reporters.
He said the company has a market share of around 20 percent in the 35,000 units per annum domestic elevator industry.
Sharma said currently not much of component exports happen out of the current plant and from the proposed one exports are likely to go up.
The Indian subsidiary of Finnish major Kone Corporation exports elevators to markets like Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. It also exports components for modernisation projects for other Asia-Pacific markets like Australia, South Korea, Singapore and Malaysia.
Meanwhile launching a new energy efficient elevator KONE N MonoSpace here, Noud Veeger, executive vice president-Asia Pacific & Middle East, said India offered great opportunity for Kone as there is lot to happen in terms of urbanisation and also the current population would become old in four decades.
- Russia to increase energy exports to Asia-Pacific - Sep 04, 2012
- Finnish business delegation to visit India October - Sep 20, 2011
- Next wave of Finnish companies on way to India - Jun 18, 2010
- Wipro ties up for aerospace component unit - May 25, 2011
- Bombardier inaugurates engineering centre in Bangalore - Apr 17, 2012
- India to become hub for small engines for Ford - Jun 15, 2010
- Yamaha to set up Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu - May 14, 2012
- Canada set to become energy superpower - May 12, 2011
- Danish group Danfoss' new plant goes on stream - Jun 27, 2012
- Indian to head Asia-Pacific advocates' body - Mar 02, 2012
- India to achieve $500 billion exports target - Jun 08, 2012
- Asia-Pacific must respond to climate change to survive: UNDP - May 10, 2012
- More global firms eye Indian construction equipment market - Nov 28, 2011
- JK Tyre actively looking for rubber plantation overseas - Jul 30, 2012
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor ships cars to South Africa - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: acre, amp, asia pacific markets, bangladesh, elevator components, elevator industry, executive vice, indian subsidiary, kone corporation, kone elevator, kone elevators, managing director, market share, monospace, new energy, new location, production operations, south korea, sriperumbudur, urbanisation