Kolkata power utility to hike charges in 2008-09October 1st, 2008 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 1 (IANS) Private power utility CESC Ltd has been allowed to charge an average tariff of Rs.3.91 per unit of power for 2008-09 against Rs.3.86 per unit last fiscal, the West Bengal Electricity Regulatory Commission said in its order Wednesday.The approved tariff of Rs.3.91 is lower than Rs.4.13 demanded by the RPG Group-owned CESC in its petition for tariff revision. CESC supplies power to Kolkata.
In the current fiscal, the gross revenue of CESC from power generation and distribution would be Rs.28.04 billion based on the new tariff against Rs.29.05 billion projected by the company based on its per unit tariff petition, an official of the state regulator said.
The state regulatory commission has also kept aside Rs.10 million from CESC’s projected revenue for 2008-09 for lack of proper safety audit.
“For non-compliance of conducting safety audit in time, some revenue has been withheld from recovery by CESC,” a statement issued by the regulator said.
The regulator has assumed an inflation rate of 7.5 percent while considering CESC’s petition demanding approval of hikes in various input costs, the official said.
All categories of consumers of CESC would now be required to pay a fixed charge per KVA (Kilo Volt Ampere) ranging from Rs.2.50 a month to Rs.15 a month.
“The fixed charges are computed on the basis of the infrastructure cost incurred by the power companies in bringing power to the consumer and from now every consumer should bear this cost,” the official said.
- Kolkata power firm may hike tariff - Aug 09, 2011
- Power tariff in Tamil Nadu goes up - Mar 30, 2012
- Have power to frame CNG tariff rules, regulator tells court (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Court quashes regulatory board's order on CNG - Jun 01, 2012
- Regulator asks IGL to reduce gas prices - Apr 10, 2012
- No stay on regulator's order to cut gas prices in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Your power bill goes up as tariff hiked in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Delhi's power tariff hike comes into effect - Jul 01, 2012
- Tripura gives 12 percent subsidy on power tariff - Apr 03, 2012
- Power tariff hiked in Tamil Nadu - Jul 31, 2010
- Karnataka to buy 1,000MW daily to meet demand - Jan 13, 2012
- CESC's net profit up 23.02 percent in Q2 - Nov 04, 2010
- Court questions Delhi power firms on audit of accounts (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Chhattisgarh's domestic power tariff up 22 percent - Apr 08, 2011
- CESC's consolidated net profit down 11 percent - Jun 13, 2012