Kolkata Metro to have smart card recharging machinesJune 8th, 2012 - 12:00 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 7 (IANS) The Kolkata Metro Thursday announced it plans to install automatic smart card recharging machines across all its 23 stations by the end of this year.
After the success of the automatic smart card recharging machine at the Park street Metro station, Kolkata Metro — the only Metro railway which is owned by the Indian Railways — extended the facility to Mahanayak Uttam Kumar (Tollygunge) Metro station.
“Since the system has become very popular with the passengers, it has been decided to install a total of 27 automatic smart card recharging machines over 23 stations of Metro Railway by the end of this year,” said a statement issued by the Kolkata Metro Railway.
Beginning with five stations spread over a 3.4 km stretch in 1984, the Kolkata Metro now connects 23 stations on a line stretching 25.13 km.
- Automatic signaling system introduced on Kolkata Metro - Apr 08, 2012
- Kolkata Metro gets automatic signalling system - Apr 22, 2012
- Soon, automatic top-up of Metro smart cards - Jan 15, 2012
- Railway ministry to stay with Trinamool: Mamata - Jul 08, 2011
- Wheels of Kolkata Metro turn towards massive expansion - Jun 19, 2011
- Snags hit Kolkata Metro again - Oct 23, 2010
- Two Kolkata Metro coaches derail, services hit (Lead) - Oct 20, 2010
- Maoist posters found in Kolkata - Apr 02, 2011
- Metro hikes parking fees from Sep 8 - Sep 01, 2011
- Airport Metro introduces new fare payment card - Aug 18, 2011
- Crowds absent a day after Kolkata Metro derailment - Oct 21, 2010
- With rising ridership, Delhi Metro to have more gates - Jun 20, 2012
- Airport Metro to accept payment by card - Sep 22, 2011
- Kolkata Metro services hit for 30 minutes - Nov 02, 2010
- Delhi Metro looks to popularise Smart Cards - May 08, 2011