Kobelco Cranes mulls capacity expansionFebruary 2nd, 2012 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Feb 2 (IANS) Crane manufacturer Kobelco Cranes India Pvt Ltd, a Japanese subsidiary, plans to increase its production capacity by 2013 and roll out higher capacity crawler cranes, said a top company official.
“We are looking at the possibility of expanding capacity next year. The proposed investment will be lower than what we have invested in our plant till date,” Shinsuke Isumi, president and director, told reporters here Thursday.
Kobelco Cranes India has invested around Rs.100 crore at its Sri City plant located in Tada in Andhra Pradesh near here to roll out around 100 machines per annum.
The company plans to manufacture cranes with hauling capacity ranging between 100 tonnes and 260 tonnes.
During the initial period Kobelco Cranes India will make 100-tonne machines and has plans to make 150-tonne and 250-tonne machines as well.
According to Izumi, the company has an order book of 30 units till date.
“The Indian market for such machines - 100 tonne to 250 tonne - is around 400 units and it is expected to go up to 500 units soon,” Izumi said.
The cost of cranes will be between Rs.2.5 crore and Rs.10 crore.
Kobelco Cranes is the second subsidiary of Japanese Kobe Steel Group to set up base at Sri City. The other company Kobelco Construction Equipment India Pvt makes excavators.
- Kobleco Construction to double sales in 2011 - Apr 14, 2011
- Kobelco to start production in Tamil Nadu in January - Nov 10, 2010
- Toyota Kirloskar to roll out more cars, components - Jul 27, 2011
- Maruti's Rs.4,000 crore plant to come up in Gujarat - Jun 02, 2012
- CEAT to set up tyre plant in Bangladesh - Feb 09, 2012
- Nissan to make diesel engines in India - Nov 17, 2011
- China builds crawler crane which can lift 3,600 tonnes! - May 31, 2011
- Wipro, Kawasaki form JV to make hydraulic pumps - Dec 06, 2011
- Kobelco to set up excavator plant near Chennai - Oct 22, 2009
- BEML to hive off its railway business - Dec 12, 2011
- SAIL investing Rs.20,000 crore for modernising Bengal units - Sep 10, 2011
- KKN Group forays into steel industry - Aug 25, 2010
- Wheels India to invest Rs.70 crore on expansion - Oct 27, 2011
- L'Oreal to set up Rs.400 crore plant in Himachal - Jul 11, 2012
- Karnataka gives tax sops to Toyota's second car plant - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: capacity expansion, construction equipment, crane manufacturer, crore, excavators, feb 2, india pvt ltd, initial period, japanese subsidiary, kobe steel, kobelco cranes, rs 2, steel group, tada, tonnes