KMP Expressway to be completed by mid-2009: HoodaJuly 10th, 2008 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 10 (IANS) The 135.65-km Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) Expressway would be completed within the scheduled period of three years, that is, by the middle of 2009, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda said Thursday. Hooda made an aerial survey of the project and reviewed the progress of its construction with senior officers in Rohtak.
He said this expressway would serve as a catalyst for growth and lead to greater development in Sonepat, Jhajjar, Gurgaon, Mewat and Faridabad districts with their easy connectivity with Delhi and the National Capital Region.
The KMP Expressway project is being developed on the build-operate-transfer (BOT) basis. The total project cost of the country’s longest expressway is Rs.19.15 billion.
The expressway takes off from Kundli in Sonepat district on National Highway 1 and passes through Bahadurgarh in Jhajjar district on NH 10, Manesar in Gurgaon district on NH 8 and terminates near Palwal in Faridabad district on NH 2.
- Hooda pulls up officials for expressway construction delay (Lead) - Apr 17, 2010
- Hooda conducts aerial inspection of new expressway - Dec 21, 2010
- Complete the work, it's already late: Hooda on expressway - Apr 17, 2010
- Haryana expressway to de-congest Delhi traffic delayed again - Dec 23, 2010
- Haryana to invoke penalty for delayed expressway project - Nov 16, 2011
- Haryana plans sports, eco-city near expressway - May 28, 2010
- Haryana sets up police stations to check power, water theft - Feb 05, 2011
- Haryana's industry scene is a 'mini-Japan' - Jan 23, 2011
- Haryana to spend Rs.15 bn on health infrastructure - Apr 06, 2010
- Haryana gives 300 acres land for AIIMS-like institute - Dec 30, 2010
- Recreational projects to come up in Haryana - Jan 13, 2010
- Special police stations to tackle power, water theft - Dec 06, 2011
- Haryana to create 17,000-acre land bank for industry - Dec 28, 2008
- Haryana wants central funding for NCR area - Dec 27, 2011
- Haryana to have panchayat elections in 8 districts - Jun 15, 2010