Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park Metro trial run startedJuly 14th, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) Thursday started trial runs on the 3.3-km Kirti Nagar-Ashok Park link which is expected to be opened to the public within a month, an official said.
“This section will provide connectivity between Line 1 (Rithala to Dilshad Garden) and Line 3 (Dwarka Sec-21 to Noida City Centre/Anand Vihar),” a DMRC official said in a statement.
“This stretch has two stations — Kirti Nagar and Satguru Ram Singh Marg,” he added.
According to the DMRC, the services will commence after the successful completion of trial runs followed by the clearance from the commissioner for Metro Rail Safety.
“This section is expected to be opened to the public within a month and will be the last of all works pertaining to Phase II of the Delhi Metro project,” the official said.
“Upon its opening, the total Metro network in Delhi and the National Capital Region will be 190 km,” he added.
The DMRC said that now the passengers would be able to save time and money when they travel between Mundka-Inderlok line and the Dwarka-Noida/Vaishali line as they can avoid interchanging at Kashmere Gate and Rajiv Chowk.
“The opening of this link is expected to reduce the passenger load at Rajiv Chowk and Kashmere Gate metro stations,” he added.
- Delhi Metro's new stretch to open Saturday - Aug 26, 2011
- New Metro link to connect three corridors - Aug 07, 2011
- Delhi Metro's new stretch opens - Aug 27, 2011
- Get trade fair tickets at Metro stations - Nov 12, 2011
- Two central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 30, 2011
- Delhi Metro's third phase approved - Apr 11, 2011
- 3 central Delhi Metro stations to close early on New Year's eve - Dec 29, 2010
- After Holi break, Metro service resumes (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Mar 20, 2011
- Delhi Metro to begin operations at 2 p.m. on Holi - Mar 05, 2012
- Catch the last Metro ride at 8 p.m. on Diwali - Nov 03, 2010
- Delhi Metro to run from 2 p.m. Sunday - Mar 19, 2011
- Metro services to close three hours before time on Diwali day - Nov 03, 2010
- Metro services to close at 8 p.m. today - Nov 05, 2010
- Efforts on to minimise Metro snags, say officials - Mar 30, 2012
- Secretariat-Kashmere Gate Metro line expected by 2015 - May 25, 2012
Tags: anand, ashok, chowk, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dmrc, july 14, kashmere gate, kirti nagar, line 1, line 3, metro network, metro project, metro stations, New Delhi, noida, rail safety, rajiv, ram singh, satguru