Kingfisher pilots go on strike, 40 flights cancelled (Lead)July 14th, 2012 - 1:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) A section of debt-ridden Kingfisher Airlines’ pilots Saturday went on strike over non-payment of salaries and other dues for the past five months, leading to the cancellation of 40 flights across its network, an airline official said.
Twelve flights from New Delhi, six from Mumbai and three flights from Bangalore have been cancelled apart from many other flights from Chennai, Chandigarh, Dehradun and Dharamshala among others.
“A certain section of employees have decided to stay away from duty due to salary payments not being credited to the bank accounts of all employees. Kingfisher wishes to state that more than 75 percent of employees have actually received their promised salaries Friday,” a Kingfisher official said.
“We have further promised that the balance of our employees will receive their salaries by Monday,” the official added.
The passengers booked on these flights have either been re-booked or given refunds, an airport official said.
This is the third time in the last 12 days that the pilots went on strike.
–Indo-Asian News Service
- Kingfisher pilots go on strike - Jul 14, 2012
- Passengers stranded as 40 Kingfisher flights axed (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Kingfisher pilots go on strike, five flights cancelled - Jul 10, 2012
- Passengers stranded as Kingfisher cancels flights - Aug 08, 2012
- Kingfisher employees on strike, operations not affected - Apr 21, 2012
- Airlines advised not to hike fares: DGCA - May 11, 2012
- AI not to levy cancellation or refund fees - Apr 27, 2011
- Air India pilots call off stir (Intro Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Returned aircraft on own accord, says Kingfisher - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Kingfisher Airlines asked to pay Rs.60 crore service tax' - Apr 04, 2012
- Kingfisher negotiates with striking employees (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Air India flights hit as pilots report sick (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Kingfisher Airlines no longer UB subsidiary - May 10, 2012
- Striking Air India pilots move court over non-payment of dues - Jun 12, 2012
- Kingfisher blames tax action for flight disruptions - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: airline official, airlines, asian news, bangalore, bank accounts, cancellation, dehradun, dharamshala, five months, flights, indo, ji, july 14, kingfisher, New Delhi, news service, salaries, salary payments, third time