Kingfisher, British Airways ink frequent flyer pactDecember 17th, 2010 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Dec 17 (IANS) India’s leading private carrier Kingfisher Airlines Friday entered into a comprehensive frequent flyer agreement with British Airways (BA), covering their entire route network.”The agreement will enable frequent fliers of both airlines to earn points when they travel on the respective flights anywhere in the world,” Kingfisher vice-president (commercial) Manoj Chacko said in a statement here.
The agreement also enables Kingfisher fliers to redeem their accumulated ‘King Miles’ to travel on a BA flight the world over.
“The frequent flyer agreement with BA will benefit King Club members as well as companies whose executives travel frequently. Frequent flyers from the corporate sector will also be able to accumulate points in one single currency (King Miles) and redeem them for any BA flight,” Chacko said.
For instance, a King Club member flying from Mumbai to Chicago can fly to London on a Kingfisher plane and then take a BA flight to Chicago from London. The flyer will earn King Miles for the entire journey from Mumbai to Chicago to London.
Similarly, a BA frequent flyer from Birmingham to Dharamsala can fly Birmingham-New Delhi on BA flight and on Kingfisher aircraft from New Delhi to Dharamsala and earn miles for the entire journey from BA.
- Kingfisher ties-up with American Airlines - Nov 03, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines, American Airlines to share codes - Nov 23, 2010
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines, Finnair enhance frequent flyer cooperation - Mar 18, 2011
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Icelandair and Alaska Airlines announce codeshare, frequent flier partnership - Jul 27, 2010
- Kingfisher, British Airways enter code-sharing aggrement - Sep 06, 2010
- Finnair serves seven more Indian cities in pact with Kingfisher - Aug 28, 2011
- Singapore Airlines expands operations with Air India - Sep 14, 2009
- Kingfisher launches five domestic flights - Dec 27, 2010
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Kingfisher starts three new flights to Colombo - Oct 07, 2011
- Jet Airways, United Airlines forge frequent flyer partnership - Nov 11, 2008
- Kingfisher shuts shop in Lucknow: Airport officials - Mar 26, 2012
- Finnair ties up with Kingfisher for smooth connectivity to Europe - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: airlines, ba frequent flyer, british airways, chacko, club member, club members, corporate sector, flights, fly, frequent fliers, frequent flyers, journey, kingfisher, manoj, mumbai, New Delhi, pact, private carrier, single currency, vice president